What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rocking on...

upload_2020-4-9_15-25-44.png

Anyone on Update-43D3 fancy trying out spdMerlin's develop branch please?
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/spdMerlin/develop/spdmerlin.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin && /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin install
Issues:
  • jquery.js is at /jquery.js on the fork, versus /js/jquery.js on Merlin. validator.js doesn't exist on the fork.
  • You might need to add "var j = jQuery.noConflict(); and replace your jquery $ with $j for example. I'm new at this, but I needed that to get my script and Skynet to work.
upload_2020-4-9_15-43-30.png

Issues:
  • jquery.js is at /jquery.js on the fork, versus /js/jquery.js on Merlin. validator.js doesn't exist on the fork.
  • You might need to add "var j = jQuery.noConflict(); and replace your jquery $ with $j for example. I'm new at this, but I needed that to get my script and Skynet to work.
View attachment 22502
I can bundle a known version of jQuery and validator.js

May be safer so I can ensure compatibility across firmwares

I can put in a link to cover this one if needed.

This one is tougher as the equivalent functions have different name in the fork vs Merlin.
I don't know that anyone is really using validator.js, but it's part of the example on Merlin's wiki.

One issue I just experienced is when "unmounting" a user page (i.e. deleting it), which happened to be user1.asp. Once it was removed, the Addon tab generated a 404 for good reason. I don't know if there's an intelligent way to handle that or not, but felt it was worth mentioning.

Hi @john9527, in debugging spdMerlin errors, the /etc/ssl/cert.pem link is to rom/ca-bundle.crt (broken) instead of /rom/ca-bundle.crt.

Issues:
View attachment 22502
Should be fixed with an update. I pulled the files off Merlin's current build and referenced those in my WebUi page

One issue I just experienced is when "unmounting" a user page (i.e. deleting it), which happened to be user1.asp. Once it was removed, the Addon tab generated a 404 for good reason. I don't know if there's an intelligent way to handle that or not, but felt it was worth mentioning.
I actually struggled with handling that case.
- If there is only one addon, it needs to be user1. Then when it's deleted the left addon menu item will be removed.
- Right now, there's a one to one correspondence between the user id number and the index used in gui code (makes life easier). Now if you delete user1 and if there is a user2, it will shift user2 into the user1 position.
But, the code does a good job of caching. After you delete user1, you should force refresh the page with ctrl-F5 to make it visible.

I actually struggled with handling that case.
- If there is only one addon, it needs to user1. Then when it's deleted the left addon menu item will be removed.
- Right now, there's a one to one correspondence between the user id number and the index used in gui code (makes life easier). Now if you delete user1 and if there is a user2, it will shift user2 into the user1 position.
But, the code does a good job of caching. After you delete user1, you should force refresh the page with ctrl-F5 to make it visible.
That's the same problem I had. and so, redirect.htm was born: https://github.com/jackyaz/shared-jy/blob/master/redirect.htm

Ah. Wish my AC56U hadn't been cancelled now! :(
I think I have the UI working (hacked to work on the fork) but speedtest cli won't run yet due to the SSL cert location issue on the fork (fixed in John's next build).

The Disable Drag Zoom button is offset from the others, and I'm guessing it's due to the length of the text and perhaps style differences with Merlin.

upload_2020-4-9_16-44-52.png

EDIT: Yes, shorter text aligns the button.
upload_2020-4-9_16-48-9.png

I think I have the UI working (hacked to work on the fork) but speedtest cli won't run yet due to the SSL cert location issue on the fork (fixed in John's next build).

The Disable Drag Zoom button is offset from the others, and I'm guessing it's due to the length of the text and perhaps style differences with Merlin.

View attachment 22506

EDIT: Yes, shorter text aligns the button.
View attachment 22507
I look forward to seeing your fixes so I can merge them :) thanks for testing!

Its set to default value Yes release address on exit
Just to clarify....is it the router not getting an IPv6 address, or the clients?
Can you post a screenshot of your IPv6 page? and maybe the System Log/IPv6 page? (obscure any addresses)

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!