What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok so the jquery conflict I've avoided by hosting a known working jquery (hopefully). I've looked through detect.js but I'm not sure how that is being called to handle a page refresh.
It’s called in start_apply.htm somehow (from memory). I don’t think the jquery.js itself is to blame. It’s the old webui that has the conflict.

It’s called in start_apply.htm somehow (from memory). I don’t think the jquery.js itself is to blame. It’s the old webui that has the conflict.
Yeah I pulled down the source. Maybe I'll shop around for another fork-compatible router when lockdown is over so I can get some hands on dev time :)

Just to clarify....is it the router not getting an IPv6 address, or the clients?
Can you post a screenshot of your IPv6 page? and maybe the System Log/IPv6 page? (obscure any addresses)

Back on 42E7 and if memory serves me clients had IPv6 addresses but no IPv6 connectivity only IPv4. Clients IPv6 default gateway was blank, IPv6 DNS settings were present.
I was considering changing the routers mac address to see IPv6 connectivity could be restored but can't afford the testing downtime now.

Since I am the only one reporting this and 42E7 works without a hitch I think further troubleshooting is not warranted at this time.

Yeah I pulled down the source. Maybe I'll shop around for another fork-compatible router when lockdown is over so I can get some hands on dev time :)

Speedtest now working on D4 (with the usual throughput issues of the binary). May the Fork be with you! :D

882CC22D-BA82-470F-82C4-55F57AD59E52.jpeg

@john9527

Did you resolve the issue with a stand alone hotspot/s connected to AC68U router via USB port?
I had issues, where the router will get an IP from a hotspot but could not get access to internet. I have tried every WAN/Dual Wan combo settings and still weren't able to get access to internet.

I switched to merlin firmware 384_15/16, and both of my dedicated ATT hotspots ( ZTE, Netgear) connected to AC68U router via USB gave me no issues. I can serf the internet with zero issues.

Last edited:
Does anyone use the combination of L2TP WAN connection with OpenVPN client? Even when the "Redirect Internet traffic" option is set to "No" I am unable to ping any external address except local ISP network.

43D4 is up....Development folder
Working very well with the scripts. I am wondering if your method of detecting the user asp files could be adapted on Merlin as well to avoid the sed/mount of the menuTree.js. Also it would be neat to have the helper function receive a file argument plus a title argument and automatically copy/create the files under /www/user. It would need to be universal with Merlin though to avoid further fragmentation. I’ll nag about it after release and source push! ;)

Working very well with the scripts. I am wondering if your method of detecting the user asp files could be adapted on Merlin as well to avoid the sed/mount of the menuTree.js. Also it would be neat to have the helper function receive a file argument plus a title argument and automatically copy/create the files under /www/user. It would need to be universal with Merlin though to avoid further fragmentation. I’ll nag about it after release and source push! ;)
Just a SMOP (Simple Matter of Programming) :)
What I did is really just a brute force approach. A helper function in c that scans the directory for .title files, if it finds one, reads the file and copies out the data into an array that's passed back to javascript. The javascript then parses that array and updates some other pre-defined arrays that control showing the menu/tabs. IIRC it was just less than 100 loc total. Actually, I'm sure that Merlin could improve it. :)

Enabled IPv6 just now. So far so good. Everything still works.
Still using IPv6 smoothly on 43D4 in Native mode. Had some issues on my work laptop (Win10 1909) occasionally timing out on connections to the router (ssh and https), and sometimes DNS timeouts, but not on any other devices. Had to learn about IPv6 temporary addresses as well to understand the IPv6 Log showing multiple addresses per device. I also enabled the name resolution for fixed devices. And I’ve rebooted several times since Tuesday so the prefix has no issues being released I suppose.

Just a SMOP (Simple Matter of Programming) :)
What I did is really just a brute force approach. A helper function in c that scans the directory for .title files, if it finds one, reads the file and copies out the data into an array that's passed back to javascript. The javascript then parses that array and updates some other pre-defined arrays that control showing the menu/tabs. IIRC it was just less than 100 loc total. Actually, I'm sure that Merlin could improve it. :)
@john9527 do you know what version number you will be using for your next stable release please? I'm planning on pushing updates to my scripts in the next few days, and I'd like to add messaging/checks for your fork now that you and @dave14305 have very kindly sorted out methods for WebUI script support :)

Had some issues on my work laptop (Win10 1909) occasionally timing out on connections to the router (ssh and https), and sometimes DNS timeouts, but not on any other devices.
Since dropbear and httpd do not listen on IPv6, could it have been that my PC was resolving the router hostname to the IPv6 address and failing to connect? I’ll pay closer attention next time I’m on that PC.

Hi there!
New user of your fork on my Asus RT-AC66U! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, so feel free to move/remove this message if it's inappropriate!
For your information, I'm using the dev version 43D4. Flashed it from recovery, and erased nvram (I'm coming from Advanced Tomato).

I want to use local names for static devices on my network (like octopi.bazile.io, I own the domain bazile.io). I set up the static lease in the LAN/DHCP page. But I can't find where to set up the DNS resolver for those devices.
Is it automatic (as in, if the device has a static lease, it's added to the resolver with it's name) or should I do it manually? If I have to do it manually, is there a page somewhere, or should I use SSH to change dnsmasq configuration?

Also, unrelated question, I'm using a Wireguard VPN that has been recently mainlined in the Linux kernel. Are there any plans to backport this in the version used on this device?

Thanks for your hard work on this, I'm very grateful.

I set up the static lease in the LAN/DHCP page. But I can't find where to set up the DNS resolver for those devices.
Is it automatic (as in, if the device has a static lease, it's added to the resolver with it's name) or should I do it manually? If I have to do it manually, is there a page somewhere, or should I use SSH to change dnsmasq configuration?
Hostnames for DHCP “static leases” are in the hosts.dnsmasq file in /etc. That file gets read by dnsmasq as an addn-hosts parameter.

@dave14305 Thanks! The fields where there as expected.

I found what I did wrong. I had setup an upstream DNS server in the DHCP fields. I thought the setting "Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS" set to No would be enough for the queries not to be sent upstream, but this setting is only effective (or so it seems) when "Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS" is set to Yes.
In the end, I removed the upstream DNS, set "Advertise router's IP in addition to user-specified DNS" to Yes, and now the local names are resolved by the router directly.

Maybe the field "Forward local domain..." should be shown only when "Advertise router's IP..." is set to Yes?

Maybe the field "Forward local domain..." should be shown only when "Advertise router's IP..." is set to Yes?
The Advertise option is only relevant if a server is already filled in one or both of the fields. Otherwise, it just gives the router IP as the dns server. Note “...in addition to user-specified DNS”. If you don’t specify any DNS, it’s not relevant. ;)

Ah yes, that makes sense. I don't know why I couldn't wrap my head around it (and I made both changes at once, so I couldn't see the effects of which were being seen when it started working!).

Well, thanks for the help!

And if you have any information about an eventual Wireguard backport, let me know!