What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the infamous "Engineering Mode". All OK.

No wonder the N66U:D; be it 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, the signal strength reported by inSSIDer is stronger than myAC87U.
It would be prefect if you could fork out a fw for the AC87U.

+

I see the reg mode on both my routers on v8. But it only works on the 68, not the 66. Down arrow drop box thingy doesn't work.
Also, I can enable Universal Beamforming on the 68, but I can't on the 66. Greyed out.

It is annoying you don't see signatures when NOT logged in.
Lotta is using this: AC-68U, AC-66R Repeater

Reading only "66" is ambiguous.
On my RT-N66U the reg mode is shown nicely.
And I don't see Beamforming stuff.

I guess this only gives problems using a AC-68U, AC-66R.

hi guys
Someone can reproduce this when travelling in Sys Log?? between tabs: tab "Wireless log,Dhcp lease,ipv6" i see all my devices twice in the DHCP lease section.
YEP Factory default and clear Nvram was done! :D reconfig from scratch

AC68(v8)

Sorry, tried but not able to recreate it (using a 6in4 tunnel for the IPv6 connection). Anything you would consider unique about your environment?

Good point.....I think I remember seeing a post from Merlin that the Broadcom drivers never implemented that reporting (if you look at the screenshots of Merlin's new format it's the same). It does look like SNR is reported by the Quantenna hardware, but since that's not applicable to the fork, I should just take out those two fields. Good catch.

This is reported when the router is acting as a STA rather than an AP, for instance when set as a repeater. It will indicate the signal quality of its link to the upstream router.

Good point.....I think I remember seeing a post from Merlin that the Broadcom drivers never implemented that reporting (if you look at the screenshots of Merlin's new format it's the same). It does look like SNR is reported by the Quantenna hardware, but since that's not applicable to the fork, I should just take out those two fields. Good catch.

This is reported when the router is acting as a STA rather than an AP, for instance when set as a repeater. It will indicate the signal quality of its link to the upstream router.

oh.. Then I guess it's not necessary to remove it. I do believe there are many people configured their router as a repeater station. Having that info can help them find the best placement and fine tune it to have the best range and signal quality.

Probably your fw is way too near prefect thus unable to find much bugs.

By the way I'm using N66U in AP Mode running only 5Ghz channel.
In Wireless Log; I have no idea but notice that the RSSI and SNR is always reported as 0.

6JEkAmH.jpg

It does have just that it a very simplified log only.
8rJ9Cpo.jpg

I am currently on stock firmware, and i dont see any logs of succesfull or failed to login logs..
The only one i see is "Detect abnormal logins at 5 times"

I am currently on stock firmware, and i dont see any logs of succesfull or failed to login logs..
The only one i see is "Detect abnormal logins at 5 times"

You must have missed my post right above the one you quoted.....right now the logging for HTTP logins is only on my fork code.

You must have missed my post right above the one you quoted.....right now the logging for HTTP logins is only on my fork code.

Oh sorry, i've read so many things but didn't see your post.. Anyways, thank you :)
Would be nice if we could see the Wifi logins and failed attemps aswell, if that's not hard to code for you. :)

Oh sorry, i've read so many things but didn't see your post.. Anyways, thank you :)
Would be nice if we could see the Wifi logins and failed attemps aswell, if that's not hard to code for you. :)
Not sure what you mean by wifi logins.....the fork will log anybody trying to login to the router gui regardless of how connected.

My N66U running 07 is experiencing daily reboots. I have no idea why.

This router doesn't do the automatic copying of syslog, so I can't see what's happening just before the reboots.

Does anyone have a handy script to copy syslog to any non-volatile storage? My preferred destination would be a NAS mounted via CIFS as opposed to JFFS, but any place that works would be fine. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean by wifi logins.....the fork will log anybody trying to login to the router gui regardless of how connected.

Uhm, i mean, not the admin logins, but also when a person is trying to connect to your wifi.. I could see who tried to use my wifi but failed to put in a correct password and such..
Do you know what i mean now? I'm sorry if im not clear.

hi guys
Someone can reproduce this when travelling in Sys Log?? between tabs: tab "Wireless log,Dhcp lease,ipv6" i see all my devices twice in the DHCP lease section.
YEP Factory default and clear Nvram was done! :D reconfig from scratch

AC68(v8)

Same here, after reboot i see my clients twice on RT-AC68u :p in DHCP lease section

This could be an issue for a long while back. Have not touched the QoS feature for more than 6 months. Noticed the following messages appearing multiple times in syslog and it's still happening when using QoS now with both the fork and merlin's codes.

Mar 11 09:22:53 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.

This could be an issue for a long while back. Have not touched the QoS feature for more than 6 months. Noticed the following messages appearing multiple times in syslog and it's still happening when using QoS now with both the fork and merlin's codes.

Mar 11 09:22:53 kernel: HTB: quantum of class 10001 is big. Consider r2q change.

Those messages have always been there in Asuswrt, and are caused by the QoS design. They're just warnings.

Uhm, i mean, not the admin logins, but also when a person is trying to connect to your wifi.. I could see who tried to use my wifi but failed to put in a correct password and such..
Do you know what i mean now? I'm sorry if im not clear.

I think you are meaning to log attempts to connect to your wireless SSID. The wireless code is closed source, so neither John or Merlin can do any changes in that part.
If you are concerned about a neighbor getting past your 63 character wpa2 pre-shared key, you can also enable MAC filtering to block any machines you don't know about.
A pre-shared key like
MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento
would meet the requirement of 8 characters and a capital. Add in a misspelling or two and most neighbors would give up. <grin>

I think you are meaning to log attempts to connect to your wireless SSID. The wireless code is closed source, so neither John or Merlin can do any changes in that part.
If you are concerned about a neighbor getting past your 63 character wpa2 pre-shared key, you can also enable MAC filtering to block any machines you don't know about.
A pre-shared key like
MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLouieDeweyDonaldGoofySacramento
would meet the requirement of 8 characters and a capital. Add in a misspelling or two and most neighbors would give up. <grin>

Yes, that's what i mean..

John I've recently switched my N66U into AP mode and turned off the wifi since I was forced to buy a new router with an internal modem to upgrade my internet connection. This router has AC so that's why I'm using its wifi.

At this point is there even a difference for me if I use vanilla Merlin or the fork?

John I've recently switched my N66U into AP mode and turned off the wifi since I was forced to buy a new router with an internal modem to upgrade my internet connection. This router has AC so that's why I'm using its wifi.

At this point is there even a difference for me if I use vanilla Merlin or the fork?
I'm not really familiar with AP mode.....but if you switched off the wifi on your N66, which for the N66 is one of the biggest +'s for the fork, I'd say .it's now personal preference. I'd probably give the latest Merlin a try in your situation.....you can always come back if it doesn't work out :)