What's new

GT-AX6000 | "WiFi Radar" feature has been removed in 5-22-24 firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There was an awesome WinFi Analyzer at https://www.helge-keck.com/, but unfortunately stopped working and disappeared. Now even the website doesn't open. It was showing channels and AP details like nothing else. Anyone knows something about it? I want it back and will pay for it. Otherwise NetSpot is okay-ish in free version.

In the past you made some sense, but now?
Your baby (88u pro) is also made in China..
Are they paying you perhaps?
Get a life man...
Well, some of us use our devices, I guess you don't. Better uninstall your web browser, as that's a much bigger security threat.

Yes, all of us use our devices. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And my browsing is as secure as I can make it too.

When you have no retort with facts, attack the person. First sign of immaturity.

There was an awesome WinFi Analyzer at https://www.helge-keck.com/, but unfortunately stopped working and disappeared. Now even the website doesn't open. It was showing channels and AP details like nothing else. Anyone knows something about it? I want it back and will pay for it. Otherwise NetSpot is okay-ish in free version.
I still have a copy of it. I launch it using a batch file so I can work around the timebomb that's embedded in it.

I talked to the author last year about that time bomb, he said then he would release an updated build. It never happened sadly.

I'm surprised the tool ended up dying despite being way ahead of anything else. Makes me wonder if there were legal issues involved in it.

Makes me wonder if there were legal issues involved in it.

Most likely. As I remember this happened shortly after the author tried to make commercial version of it.

1717030661294.png

Last edited:
Most likely. As I remember this happened shortly after the author tried to make commercial version of it.

View attachment 59061
Here's my "timebomb defuser" script. Update the path if necessary, then run this batch file with Administrator privileges.

Code:
@ECHO OFF
for /f "tokens=1" %%a in ('date /t') do SET ct=%%a
DATE 2021/02/08
START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Helge Keck\WinFi\WinFi.exe"
timeout 5 > NUL
DATE %ct%

Here's my "timebomb defuser" script. Update the path if necessary, then run this batch file with Administrator privileges.

Code:
@ECHO OFF
DATE 2021/02/08
timeout 5 > NUL
DATE %ct%
hey! - thanks for that, man...

No 'app' will give you any more usable information than what I suggested. Unless you're paying big bucks for it and/or it comes with its own dedicated hardware.

In addition to making the device it is on, 'less secure'.
true have tried a few , they don't give ant detailed info and the infothey do give is way off , at least that is my experience

God, that WinFi Analizer is a BOMB!

Actually, it has a free lite version on Win Store here => https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9pfrnjrf22f1?
Except the WinFi Lite version may not actually be available for download. Not seeing download button/link for it in Win 11's Microsoft App store.

Anyone have a clean download location for the last version of that program?
Edit: See a post in another thread here for possible link to download the program:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/winfi-lite-new-wifi-analyzer-tool-for-windows.59181/post-910805

Attachments

• WinFiLite_Microsoft_Store.jpg
    WinFiLite_Microsoft_Store.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
This doesn't work for me in Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3672

Code:
@ECHO OFF
DATE 2021/02/08
timeout 5 > NUL
DATE %ct%

Installed WinFi, and verified the path.

Doesn't do anything.

Took me a bit to get it working, using the script to by pass the time bomb (using 12/31/1999) on Win10 22H2.
This App is awesome, so much info, metrics to monitor, so many options to choose from.
Most of all it reconfirms I'm a bad neighbor from a WiFi perspective 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

1717179276517.png

1717179334390.png

Though not sure why it didn't pick up the channel utilization on the 2.4Ghz band on the AX86u nodes?

This doesn't work for me in Windows 11 Pro
Same with Win 11 Home. WinFi-1.0.22.10 Just hangs with "Loading".
I did have to change the timebomb script above so the date was mm/dd/yyyy.

Also get a notice that there is an update which I bypass by selecting "No".

Edit: Got it to run eventually not sure what I did to make it eventually work. Keep in mind, run the bat file as administrator.

Last edited:
Same with Win 11 Home. WinFi-1.0.22.10 Just hangs with "Loading".
I did have to change the timebomb script above so the date was mm/dd/yyyy.

Also get a notice that there is an update which I bypass by selecting "No".
Just change the date to 2021 on your system, run program as admin and when your done with winfi change the date back to normal.
Working on Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3672 over here

Just change the date to 2021 on your system, run program as admin and when your done with winfi change the date back to normal.
Working on Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3672 over here
I think what worked for me was changing the date in the script to mm-dd-yyyy (ex: 12-31-1999). Using a dash rather than a slash seems to work. And it changed my system date correctly finally.

Last edited:
It's possible that the batch might need adjusting based on your regional settings (some backward countries like the US put the month ahead of the day, for example). Or that the date separators are different.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!