What's new

Hard Drive invalid files

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

usamario

Regular Contributor
Hi
How can I get rid of 3 files in my hard drive that look like this:
ntfsck.00000005 ? Other than removing and reformat the drive.
I used to be able to this many years ago using ssh or Telnet, I just don’t remember the steps or commands, “getting old is not for sissies”.

One more question: is there a way to rename my drive from Asus-Merlin firmware, I am running 380.66.6?
Thank you
Mario

Hi
How can I get rid of 3 files in my hard drive that look like this:
ntfsck.00000005 ? Other than removing and reformat the drive.
I used to be able to this many years ago using ssh or Telnet, I just don’t remember the steps or commands, “getting old is not for sissies”.

One more question: is there a way to rename my drive from Asus-Merlin firmware, I am running 380.66.6?
Thank you
Mario
Don't know about the ntfsck thing, but the label can be changed trough SSH, look under Label the Partition here:
http://www.algissalys.com/how-to/format-and-partition-usb-asuswrt-routers

Hi
I stopped the drive via the browser, plugged the usb cable in my pc and remove the bad links and rename the drive, plugged it back to the router and apparently it worked.
Mario

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!