What's new

help installing YAzFi script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaxysurfer

Regular Contributor
Hi

New to accessing jffs & root of router

I installed putty for linux & was able to get into terminal Cut and pasted
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/YazFi/master/YazFi.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/YazFi" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/YazFi && /jffs/scripts/YazFi install into terminal
to download & install script as directed, but it failed. I am not that well versed in linux etc so not sure if this is a firewall/permissions issue or something else.

What am I doing wrong? FYI I am running Linuxmint Serena 19.1

Not that I can help but you didn't say what the error was nor did you include a link to the directions you followed.

From what you have included I can only guess that you have an Asus router running Merlin, your running putty on Linuxmint and you're getting an error issuing a command ... somewhere ;)

More info would definitely be beneficial!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

okay will try this again

Asus RT-68U running version 384.9
Assessing Router from LinuxMint 19.1 using Putty for Linux. I accessed terminal for Router with display showing Asuswrt-merlin RT_AC68U date & time
Mydevice@RT-AC68U-6838:/tmp/home/root# entered ls -l /bin to determine file state inside

under fs command
i have /dev
/tmp
/jffs
empty usbstick

how do i get the yazFi script into the jffs partition?

ok typed in command again
cd /usr/sbin then curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/YazFi/master/YazFi" -o "/jffs/scripts/YazFi" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/YazFi && /jffs/scripts/YazFi install
in got reply "Warning Transient problem:timeout Will retry gave 3 retries as per command then curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'raw.githubusercontent.com' I was however able to download file to linux desktop. it there another way to get script onto router?

Last edited:
ok typed in command again in got reply "Warning Transient problem:timeout Will retry gave 3 retries as per command then curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'raw.githubusercontent.com' I was however able to download file to linux desktop. it there another way to get script onto router?
Do i just copy zip or unzipped master file onto usb & do it that way? not sure how to do that though.

If amtm won't install either then something isn't quite right. The error you were getting looked like DNS failing on the router.

Can I ask you a question Jack? I want to use this script with nordvpn. Is that possible? I want to have one pool of connections on main wifi & guest pool for rokus. I don't like roku potentially spying on me.

I noticed in the settings that the dns default is google. With nordvpn I have reassigned my dns to nord's dedicated dns. How can I configure your structure to work with my settings? Ok I tinkered with settings & I think I answered my own questions. Great work! You have done what I wanted to do with different vlans on wifi.

Last edited:
I noticed in the settings that the dns default is google. With nordvpn I have reassigned my dns to nord's dedicated dns. How can I configure your structure to work with my settings? Ok I tinkered with settings & I think I answered my own questions. Great work! You have done what I wanted to do with different vlans on wifi.
Good stuff! A quick setup option is on my list, which will have an interactive menu approach to setting up a YazFi-enabled network (I appreciate manually editing files isn't a great solution!)

Strictly speaking not vlans but configured such that the networks are isolated via the firewall (ebtables and iptables)

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!