What's new

High Price Performance Router - Big $$$

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
For those of you interested in a high power router that exceeds the puny processor and memory of even the highest performance SOHO router look at the specs for this router that wil ship latter this month:

Atom E3827 1.74 Ghz processor

4 GB Ram 8 GB Flash

AC radios

Open firmware/software

www.routersource.com/x86-router-hobby-box/

For the price of $699 it will be interesting to see what this router can do.

Looks great!

I wouldn't pay that price from that vendor though.

Would buy it in an instant if Asus released it though (with RMerlin support, of course).

nice specs, looks ugly

Looks great!

I wouldn't pay that price from that vendor though.

Would buy it in an instant if Asus released it though (with RMerlin support, of course).

They have a model for $999 loaded with their dual gateway VPN software.

The support that this company has offered in the past on their VPN enabled products has been the best I have ever had on any product.

From what I know this is just the roll out of their JaiRo project. This hardware will support modular functionality for what ever you need or want your network to do hence the large amount of memory installed.

Pardon my skepticism. For $699 it better be commercial quality with reams of documentation and strong user support or include lifetime free cable tv and DLNA pushed to all clients.

As a note, Sabai are notorious for using Tomato while ignoring the GPL license that requires them to publish the source code to their modified firmware.