What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
All ok for me on R7800. Wish I had an R9000...

My R9000 needed a full factory reset... again... now everything is working! Thank you!

I'm using AdGuard Home with abp.oisd.nl filters and DNSCrypt upstream servers, all working perfectly!
BTW I didn't know AdGuard Home was a "powered-up Pi-Hole", you should advertise it like that ;)

Cheers!

edit: there's a "addon_bwusage.db" at the root of my 1st USB drive, is this normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: KW.
Hi,

Love this addon, is there any chance I could get the latest beta for my r9000

Thanks for all your hard work

Very happy to hear you are happy!:)

I'm sure very many will love the AdGuard Home, once the add-on beta gets stable and gets an official release.
It's much too good to be ignored.
My advice though is to setup your servers carefully to get the fastest ones where you live,
that can make the DNS queries 10* faster! (I get from 8 - 500 ms depending on server I have tested !)

The addon_bwusage.db is a backup of the statistics counters. It should be in the FAQ.txt - sorry!
It's automatically restored after reboot if available.

Stay safe, and hope to hear more from you!
My R9000 needed a full factory reset... again... now everything is working! Thank you!

I'm using AdGuard Home with abp.oisd.nl filters and DNSCrypt upstream servers, all working perfectly!
BTW I didn't know AdGuard Home was a "powered-up Pi-Hole", you should advertise it like that ;)

Cheers!

edit: there's a "addon_bwusage.db" at the root of my 1st USB drive, is this normal?

Last edited:
Thank you too for reporting and reminding me.

The Bandwidth usage should handle 15 digits, so max with current code would be 999,999,999,999,999, i.e. 999 TB (not tested).
I don't know your data xfer rates so you have to calculate yourself "how long it can run...".
This could be extended if many need that.

Since you are one of very few having this problem , it's difficult to fix it. And time consuming.
But I can give you some tips on where to start looking:

When GUI problem:
Log out from router, Close all router tabs (all devices), open new tab and login again.
Never keep a router form/tab open until it times out.
Always go to router BASIC page when starting, never go directly to a sub-page.
Don't use the mobile app to connect to the router.

"top.location.href="/multi_login.html" comes from Netgear secret/not-open binary code uhttpd/net-cgi that I can not change or debug.
Maybe it checks if you are trying to login from more than one device without logging out the other one?

But you should think about yourself. What is different with your setup?
Long password (63 characters have been used by some and cause severe problems).

Password containing "strange" characters. The Netgear code is full of bugs concerning this.
You should try to not use any of these characters in the password: "Non-English-characters,$,!, <, >, @, %, *,?, .,+,-,/,|,\,&,=,',",`,´"
If it starts working then add "strange" characters one by one till you find out the "bad" one.

If nothing works for you, I suggest you just don't use that part of the add-on.
Or uninstall it, and check here now and then if someone come up with a solution.

Hi @kamoj

Thanks for the tips. I'm already in compliance with all of the them (for example, my password is 16 characters, all numbers). As I have written you many times, there is seriously nothing out of the ordinary with my setup. Totally "plain vanilla." And the output from "Settings | Flash Info | Show" doesn't indicate any errors in the MX30UF1G18AC chip.

Since the code string I asked about is NG proprietary, let's approach the problem a different way. Can you point me to the code related to one of the "show" buttons ... like Settings|WiFi "Show", for example? This is your code, not NG's. I know the result I am getting (and not getting), but I would like to try to trace the code (starting with the command to "press" the button) ... to hopefully locate where the instruction might be going astray. It doesn't matter which "show" button you pick; I get exactly the same output from any of them.

Lastly, is there a difference between triggering a factory reset using the web interface, and one triggered by using a paperclip through the hole on the back of the router? The router is off-site, so I can easily do things via the web interface; not so easy to work with it in-person.

Thx

Thanks for the advice on saving the OpenVPN files...must have missed that or forgot about it. Anyway, I will giver it a try. 5.3b3 is still working great. I will install 5.3b5 tomorrow.

Best wishes,
BL

For next time:
Read Voxels readme and follow instruction to save the openvpn configuartions (.ovpn and .auth files) to an attached USB.
Then they will be reinstalled automatically after update of firmware!
Also, don't use 5.3b4 again, but try 5.3b5 instead.

Thank you so much for helping and testing and reporting!!! :D

@kamoj
It seems the ovpn bypass isnt working. I have the required reserved ips for the devices concerned. Tried switching the vpn off and back on and rebooting but still doesent bypass
the set devices

Regards

There is no need for ip reservation.

How do you know "It seems the ovpn bypass isnt working"?
Can you please be more informative?
What does the "ip rule show" show you?
Is your bypass device missing in that list?

Have a good day.

@kamoj
It seems the ovpn bypass isnt working. I have the required reserved ips for the devices concerned. Tried switching the vpn off and back on and rebooting but still doesent bypass
the set devices

Regards

There is no need for ip reservation.

How do you know "It seems the ovpn bypass isnt working"?
Can you please be more informative?
What does the "ip rule show" show you?
Is your bypass device missing in that list?

Have a good day.

I have 4 devices on bypass,the ip rule tells me all four are bypassed.
The vpn is connected to Ireland, My laptop and sat box the two I can check shouldnt be but are.

I guess neither you or me are native English and have a problem understanding each other.

Again - how do you check that? What tools do you use? Please publish the result here.
Maybe you have some friend that can help you with the trace route?
A route trace? Or how you do? Please give me some "scientific" or at least a screen dump of your trace.

I can not fix anything if you don't show me proof of where it goes wrong.

Maybe you can uninstall the add-on and try again. Make a new trace and upload the figures here, please.

Or please try an old add-on release where it was working, and hopefully you find one that is working better.
Or did you change Firmware at the same time? Or Entware? Or Aegis? Or AdGuard? All info is good.
Then report the facts back here so we can help and understand and have a solution for this issue.

As I understand it when my vpn is off or bypassed my true ip address is shown when checking my ip and not the vpn one....

I guess neither you or me are native English and have a problem understanding each other.

Again - how do you check that? What tools do you use? Please publish the result here.
Maybe you have some friend that can help you with the trace route?
A route trace? Or how you do? Please give me some "scientific" or at least a screen dump of your trace.

I can not fix anything if you don't show me proof of where it goes wrong.

Maybe you can uninstall the add-on and try again. Make a new trace and upload the figures here, please.

Or please try an old add-on release where it was working, and hopefully you find one that is working better.
Or did you change Firmware at the same time? Or Entware? Or Aegis? Or AdGuard? All info is good.
Then report the facts back here so we can help and understand and have a solution for this issue.

Made me smile @kamoj ...born and bred in London me. I will try and explain better.This is a trace from a device that should be bypassed.I have had problems with aegis
Traceroute
Hop Hostname IP Address 1 2 3
1 97.v102.fe-1-0-0.core1.troy2.waveform.net (204.11.35.97) 0.757 ms 0.439 ms 0.343 ms
2 core10.tym1.managedway.com (192.111.55.206) 0.314 ms 0.291 ms 0.227 ms
3 det-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.63.48) 0.852 ms 1.644 ms 1.130 ms
4 - - * * *
5 ldn-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.113.21) 93.715 ms 93.462 ms 93.539 ms
6 dln-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.119.243) 102.543 ms 103.726 ms 106.650 ms
7 fibergrid-ic-332203-dln-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.99.43) 115.970 ms 116.052 ms 115.751 ms
8 23.92.127.66 (23.92.127.66) 115.167 ms 115.081 ms 115.032 ms

Last edited:
Heres a trace from my device that is the vpn server ips address but should be my real ip because its bypassed.

Geo-Location Information for 23.92.127.66
Country Ireland
State/Region Leinster
City Dublin
Latitude 53.2842
Longitude -6.3674

Traceroute
Tracing route to 23.92.127.66

Hop Time Host IP Location
3 6.867 gateway.whatismyipaddress.com 66.171.248.161 Newport Beach, California, United States
4 0.562 66-171-255-233.alchemy.net 66.171.255.233 San Clemente, California, United States
5 0.618 66-171-255-10.alchemy.net 66.171.255.10 San Clemente, California, United States
6 2.189 fdr1-ge.alchemy.net 66.186.30.101 Los Angeles, California, United States
7 2.419 et-0-0-26-2.cr3-lax2.ip4.gtt.net 69.174.15.133 New York, New York, United States
8 135.639 et-8-1-0.cr0-dub2.ip4.gtt.net 89.149.131.177 Germany
9 136.53 ip4.gtt.net 77.67.98.154 Germany
10 135.577 23.92.127.66 23.92.127.66 Dublin, Leinster, Ireland

Sorry "Britton", indeed very sorry!:oops:.
There you see how completely off I am in that area too...

Thank you for the trace!
US to Sweden by a Londoner?
So all look good in your trace. From US to Sweden.
Telia is not your VPN provider(?). And neither is waveform.net?
So what is the problem?o_O. So what does it look like without add-on/VPN installed?

Have you found an old add-on that is seems to be working with?

Sorry "Britton", indeed very sorry!:oops:.
There you see how completely off I am in that area too...

Thank you for the trace!
US to Sweden by a Londoner?
So all look good in your trace. From US to Sweden.
Telia is not your VPN provider(?). And neither is waveform.net?
So what is the problem?o_O. So what does it look like without add-on/VPN installed?

Have you found an old add-on that is seems to be working with?

The problem is my starting Ip ... Dublin is my vpn Ip .Should it not show my real Ip when bypassed ? I will find an earlier addon if that’s not right

I agree with Kamoj, the bypassed traffic follows a different route than the non-bypassed, so it works.
traceroute never shows your own public IP address.

But if you want to make sure, then it is easier to use a site like https://whatsmyip.com.

- disable VPN and go to that site
- enable VPN and go to that site from a machine that is bypassed -> should show the same IP
and then also go to that site from a machine that is not bypassed and it should show a different IP

I agree with Kamoj, the bypassed traffic follows a different route than the non-bypassed, so it works.
traceroute never shows your own public IP address.

But if you want to make sure, then it is easier to use a site like https://whatsmyip.com.

- disable VPN and go to that site
- enable VPN and go to that site from a machine that is bypassed -> should show the same IP
and then also go to that site from a machine that is not bypassed and it should show a different IP
That’s exactly my point . I use what’s my Ip
The devices that’ are bypassed show the vpn Ip . They should show my real Ip the same as if the vpn was off .....or not?

Copy of router bypass page ....shows same and vpn address bypassed or not.Will try previous addon

Ip ddress with 192.168.1.5 not bypassed

My Public IPv4 is: 23.92.127.10

0: from all lookup local
32762: from 192.168.1.10 lookup novpn
32763: from 192.168.1.4 lookup novpn
32764: from 192.168.1.6 lookup novpn
32765: from 192.168.1.8 lookup novpn
32766: from all lookup main
32767: from all lookup default

Ip address with 192.168.1.5 bypassed

My Public IPv4 is: 23.92.127.10

0: from all lookup local
32761: from 192.168.1.10 lookup novpn
32762: from 192.168.1.4 lookup novpn
32763: from 192.168.1.5 lookup novpn
32764: from 192.168.1.6 lookup novpn
32765: from 192.168.1.8 lookup novpn
32766: from all lookup main
32767: from all lookup default

Tested with Voxel v1.0.2.76sf and Kamoj v5.3b4......doesent bypass
Tested with Voxel v1.02.77sf and Kamoj v 5.3b4 and Kamoj 5.3b5 ....doesent bypass
Tested with Voxel v1.0.2.76sf and Kamoj v5.3b5......doesent bypass
Can anyone confirm bypass on ovpn works ?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!