What's new

MoCa bridge to wireless AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

docw1

New Around Here
Hey guys need help badly. New to SNB and know little about wireless.
Need wireless signal upstairs. Actiontec router MI424R N series (Verizon ) downstairs by computer. Cannot get Cat cable upstairs. Powerline failed, amplified repeater failed. Now have ActionTec ECB2200 (Verizon ) MoCa bridge with the ethernet going to TV to get on the net. I need a wireless signal there to be able to use the Ipad. How do I do that? Been to India multiple times, bought wrong gear as per their rec. Please advise. My thanks

MoCA bridge connected to TV is starting point.
To add WiFi at that place:
Get any WiFi router.
Connect it to a PC direct- and configure it to be an Access Point (AP). See the FAQ on how to make a router become an AP - on this web site. Also setup WiFi portion - SSID, modes, encryption, etc. Suggest use of a different SSID than your existing WiFi.
Save for permanent use.

Connect MoCA and TV cables to LAN ports of re-purposed router, now functionally an AP. Don't use WAN port of this "AP".

WiFi clients should detect the SSID of this "AP".

Your'e done. And you have two spare ports.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!