What's new

PSA - Check TrendMicro Signature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My RT-AX88U on Merlin's 3004.388.7 is reporting Trend Micro: Signature version 2.400 Updated : 2022/07/27 03:14.

Very strange date... My router is a time traveling machine?

My RT-AX88U on Merlin's 3004.388.7 is reporting Trend Micro: Signature version 2.400 Updated : 2022/07/27 03:14.

future proof , you will be super protected from things not invented yet !

Signature update today.
Screenshot 2024-06-12 130001.jpg

Looks like your router is not setting the time on boot. What are you using for DNS servers?

The "Threat Activities" graph is pretty hilarious. It looks like a huge spike, but it's just zero to one.
threat.png

Well, the % increase is infinitely greater. So, graph looks accurate.

Looks like your router is not setting the time on boot. What are you using for DNS servers?
I checked under Advanced Settings/WAN: "Default status : Get the DNS IP from your ISP automatically."
I checked under Advanced Settings/System Log, System Time is currently correct.
Only time when the router's system time isn't set correctly is when the router restarts due to power loss and time/date resets back to May 5th, and then it'll update the time as indicated in the log with "time disparity of .... minutes detected".
I just did a manual check and it got it right this time: "2.408 Updated : 2024/06/15 13:51"

I was out of date. I did an update manually. Then looked in my log and found:

Jun 15 18:26:08 rc_service: httpd 1913:notify_rc start_sig_check
Jun 15 18:26:08 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start sig_check)
Jun 15 18:26:10 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 43f
Jun 15 18:26:10 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start sig_check)

I looked inside both /jffs/scripts/service-event and /jffs/scripts/service-event-end and they have the contents of one of the add on scripts yet nothing to run the signature check or other things. What should be in the two service-event scripts?

What should be in the two service-event scripts?
Nothing. The signature check is done by the firmware, not by user scripts.

How often does the router check? Mine has not updated.

I checked mine because of @AntonK post above ;) and signatures updated.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online