What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you mean the NAT loopback? Do you have AiProtection/Adaptive QoS or Traffic Analyzer on? I remember that RMerlin says that we should use Asus NAT loopback if we have/had any of those features on.

Is this still true? I can´t find any information about.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68_4 is now available, contains various fixes including an update to dnsmasq 2.78 which resolves a number of security vulnerabilities.

Code:
  - CHANGED: Updated dnsmasq to 2.78 (contains a number of
             security fixes).
  - FIXED: rstats could crash at start time in some situations.
  - FIXED: QOS Scheduler would revert back to sfq after you had
           re-enabled QOS while (fq_)codel was already selected.
  - FIXED: Missing tabs on the Parental Control page.
  - FIXED: Realtek port status wouldn't auto-refresh on the Sysinfo
           page.
  - FIXED: Incorrect sort by remaining time on the DHCP Lease page.
  - FIXED: Some LAN clients couldn't be added to the TOR redirected
           client list.

I just upgraded my AC88U to 380.68_4 and for the first time in a long while, it went smoothly. I still did the post upgrade power cycle as I don’t trust it to not hang within a week as usual if I don’t, but everything came back up as expected when I did so.

Thanks.

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68_4 is now available, contains various fixes including an update to dnsmasq 2.78 which resolves a number of security vulnerabilities.

Code:
             security fixes).
Hmmm... I'm on 380.67 and all works well so usually it's better not to upgrade, unless there are security fixes of course so now I wonder if I should upgrade. If I upgrade, will all settings remain? Because intructions says it is NOT recommended to restore settings saved under a different firmware version. Settings changed after initial setup are IP Pool start/end addresses, some manually assigned IPs, a few customs icons like our iRobot Roomba and Time Scheduling.

I updatedthe RT-AC3200 from 380.68 to 380.68_4 about an hour ago, and so far so good. I had severe interuptions yesterday working with iOS over the openvpn client, and couldn't conenct securely unless I dropped to WAN and that's unacceptable. After lots of investigation and reading up on the security situation, there no choice but to move forward without further delay to this release. The main download page was basically unreadable on both browsers for some reason, so I downloaded from sourceforge. No issues after the upgrade, powered the router off/on, logged in again, refreshed the OPV config then added all devices back into LAN, then openvpn client. No settings lost. I haven't had time in an hour to get into this very deeply, but this is the smoothest update in a very long timeI'm connecting again, the interface is snappier/faster; much better. Excellent and thank you RMerlin!

Hmmm... I'm on 380.67 and all works well so usually it's better not to upgrade, unless there are security fixes of course so now I wonder if I should upgrade. If I upgrade, will all settings remain? Because intructions says it is NOT recommended to restore settings saved under a different firmware version. Settings changed after initial setup are IP Pool start/end addresses, some manually assigned IPs, a few customs icons like our iRobot Roomba and Time Scheduling.

Direct upgrade from 380.67 to 380.68_4 should be fine.

Code:
             security fixes).
           page.
           client list.

Thank you for the continued hard work Marlin. Do you have an eta on when you might be able to update OpenVPN to the latest version, 2.4.4? Will it be in a minor version update, or will we have to wait for the next major update? Keep up the good work :)

Thank you for the continued hard work Marlin. Do you have an eta on when you might be able to update OpenVPN to the latest version, 2.4.4? Will it be in a minor version update, or will we have to wait for the next major update? Keep up the good work :)

There's nothing critical in OpenVPN 2.4.4, so that will have to wait for the next major release.

Code:
             security fixes).
           page.
           client list.

Thx for fixing these issues.

On another note as I mentioned my AC1900P is still crashing when Torrenting. Tried resetting to factory, then letting sit a few minutes unplugged from the power, then cold boot and manually reconfigure all my settings.
Tried on another new AC1900P I bought from Best-Buy with the results. When I load the newest Asus factory firmware this doesn't happen.
My configuration is the same as factory other then using the USB 2.0 port and setting up JFFS to run AB solutions

Here's the entire logs of this just happening;
http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/LDicjV3S/file.html
Logs too big to post in code

Hopefully this read out helps pinpoint the issue

EDIT:

Also noticed when the router rebooted the Logitech 750C system is gone again from showing up till I power cycle that too. -> https://www.snbforums.com/threads/logitech-alert-750-asus-routers-incompatibility-issue.41421

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it the AiProtection - Network Protection cashing it?

I have everything enabled;
-Malicious Sites Blocking
-Vulnerability Protection
-Infected Device Prevention and Blocking

After the update on my AC87U (380.68_4) I get the following to see:
(Different browsers, cache cleared before)

Screenshot-2017-10-5 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC87U - Übersicht.png

Somehow the _4 release fixed my problems with media bridge from AC87 to AC66. Sometimes it would loose connection or be slow.
Is there a logical explanation for this Merlin? I can't see the logic for this fix in the changelog.
Thank you for your hard work as always!!!

Is there a logical explanation for this Merlin? I

The reboot associated with the upgrade is the only thing I can see that could have fixed it. The code changes between 380.68_2 and _4 are quite minor.

After the update on my AC87U (380.68_4) I get the following to see:

That table only shows if there are active Ethernet clients connected. It was a design choice by Asus.