What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this AX88U alpha is breaking FreshJR_QOS. I have tried some basic rules in the webui using cidr notation and my rules don't work. :confused:o_O

Do any other rules work? Does the basic install work as well (with the defaults) as the release firmware did?

Is this alpha you're trying a dirty upgrade or a full reset after it was flashed? ;)

No point making the dev's go on a wild goose chase for self-inflicted glitches/bugs. :)

Do any other rules work? Does the basic install work as well (with the defaults) as the release firmware did?

Is this alpha you're trying a dirty upgrade or a full reset after it was flashed? ;)

No point making the dev's go on a wild goose chase for self-inflicted glitches/bugs. :)
I probably have reset this router and manually configured over 10 times with this alpha. Just saying. My problem reporting is accurate and fleshed out. I have made an rule in the webui as such: 192.168.xxx.xx/30 to cover a couple ips in the same range and class all traffic as file downloads. What happens in real time is that an ip that falls in that range has it's classification for traffic ignored and instead classes it as web surfing. It seems that using a range of ips by cidr breaks things. I have used single ip and it seems to work, but with only 4 spots in the webui you need to use cidr. ;):)

I probably have reset this router and manually configured over 10 times with this alpha. Just saying. My problem reporting is accurate and fleshed out. I have made an rule in the webui as such: 192.168.xxx.xx/30 to cover a couple ips in the same range and class all traffic as file downloads. What happens in real time is that an ip that falls in that range has it's classification for traffic ignored and instead classes it as web surfing. It seems that using a range of ips by cidr breaks things. I have used single ip and it seems to work, but with only 4 spots in the webui you need to use cidr. ;):)

Thank you skeal, you're good!

Just like to keep people on their toes.

And give the dev's less work too, if possible. ;)

@skeal apply your custom rules then send the output of

Code:
nvram get fb_email_dbg
nvram get fb_comment

Makes no sense for a single IP to work and a range not too.

Code:
nvram get fb_email_dbg
nvram get fb_comment

Actually on further inspection the rules don't work whether they are ranges or singles.

Code:
nvram get fb_email_dbg
nvram get fb_comment

Here is the output of your commands you asked for:
Code:
 nvram get fb_email_dbg
;;;;;;>;>;>;>;>192.168.x.45/32>FF>5;20;15;10;10;30;5;5>100;100;100;100;100;100;100;100>5;20;15;30;10;10;5;5>100;100;100;100;100;100;100;100
Code:
 nvram get fb_comment
192.168.x.17/28;;both;;;;2>192.168.x.8/30;;both;;;;5>;;;;;;

Last edited:
Here is the output of your commands you asked for:
Code:
 nvram get fb_email_dbg
;;;;;;>;>;>;>;>192.168.x.45/32>FF>5;20;15;10;10;30;5;5>100;100;100;100;100;100;100;100>5;20;15;30;10;10;5;5>100;100;100;100;100;100;100;100
Code:
 nvram get fb_comment
192.168.x.17/28;;both;;;;2>192.168.x.8/30;;both;;;;5>;;;;;;
Also after a reboot and a wait of over 10 minutes, still no charts.

Last edited:
What do you mean no charts. Before you were saying the rules simply weren’t working.

Why do you have an “x” within the IP?
When the system reboots there are no charts. The page has no pie charts. If you click apply on the QOS page it seems to restart the process well enough that the pie charts form. The "x" is a little privacy. Let me know if it is really needed to be exposed to the masses. ;):)

When the system reboots there are no charts. The page has no pie charts. If you click apply on the QOS page it seems to restart the process well enough that the pie charts form. The "x" is a little privacy. Let me know if it is really needed to be exposed to the masses. ;):)

After boot up, are you waiting at least 10 minutes more before you're checking? ;)

After boot up, are you waiting at least 10 minutes more before you're checking? ;)
At one point I waited over night..:rolleyes:

so mark "000000" when you click on it?

From your previous output, the nvram parameter is being correctly set, so at least the ipv4 rules from the script should be working.

does QOS work properly without the script running? If it does work then the next step is to check is the output of this command

Code:
iptables -v -L POSTROUTING -t mangle

--

But yes, first determine if it is an ASUS QOS bug (without script running) or a newly introduced script incompatibility.

Last edited:
The "x" is a little privacy. Let me know if it is really needed to be exposed to the masses. ;):)

Offtopic but why do you need to hide a private IP range lol? it's only accessible from inside your network and if anyone can get inside your private network it doesn't matter if you hide it or not, a simple scan will show each and every connected device on it.

Offtopic but why do you need to hide a private IP range lol? it's only accessible from inside your network and if anyone can get inside your private network it doesn't matter if you hide it or not, a simple scan will show each and every connected device on it.
Also off topic, how do I get abs like yours? And the pecs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!