What's new

ROG Rapture GT-BE19000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PR3MIUM

Yesterday the ROG Rapture GT-BE19000 has been released on the Computex 2024 in Holland.

Source:

Specification:

Specifically, a 4G or 5G mobile modem can be retrofitted via USB, which means that communication with the Internet can continue even if the wired Internet connection fails.
A high-end gaming version of the RT-BE96U

Price: $749

Last edited:
I just hope ASUS can release more firmware updates for their existing Wi-Fi 7 routers as soon as possible, instead of releasing multiple variants of the same thing with poor firmware across the board.

It makes sense if they want to release some low-end models to compete with other manufacturers in that market, but this? Ridiculous.

The 19000 router apparently will has all the feature available out of the box including AFC for NA. Also Interestingly AFC will come to rest of wif7 routers too.

I noticed that too. Do you know what AFC stands for? (I know what it is, as Asus describes it, but not what the acronym stands for).

I noticed that too. Do you know what AFC stands for? (I know what it is, as Asus describes it, but not what the acronym stands for).
I think it stands for Automated Frequency Coordination. It was proposed with Wi-Fi 6E but never implemented. It uses GPS or other methods to check against a database to see if your location is allowed to use standard power 6GHz (36 dBm or 4W) instead of Low Power Indoor (LPI, 30 dBm or 1W) that’s currently allowed.
Those number are only for the US & Canada, in Europe LPI it's 23dBm (or 200mW, most of the EU countries) or 24dBm (or 250mW in the UK)

Last edited:

5. Automated Frequency Coordination​

Automated Frequency Coordination (AFC) is an optional feature and deals with the 6GHz band, so it's not Wi-Fi 7-exclusive—the band was first used with Wi-Fi 6E. It's not required for a Wi-Fi 7 broadcaster's general function. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned in the initial certification by the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Due to local regulations, the 6GHz band's availability differs around the world. For this reason, some Wi-Fi 7 broadcasters will not adopt it and will remain Dual-band.

Still, Wi-Fi 7 makes AFC more relevant than ever. That's because the 6GHz band has the highest bandwidth (fastest) yet the shortest range compared to the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands when using the maximum allowed broadcasting power. Originally, AFC was intended only for outdoor applications, but when implemented, it's significant for all applications.

Here's how AFC would work when/if available:

The feature enables a 6GHz broadcaster to check with a registered database in real-time to confirm that its operation will not negatively impact other existing registered members. Once that's established, the broadcaster creates a dynamically exclusive environment in which its 6GHz band can operate without the constraint of regulations.

Specifically, the support for AFC means each Wi-Fi 7 broadcaster can use more broadcasting power and better flexible antenna designs. How much more? That depends.

However, it's estimated that AFC can increase the broadcasting power to 36 dBm (from the current 30 dBm limit) or 4 watts (from 1 wat). The goal of AFC is to make the range of the 6GHz band comparable to that of the 5GHz band—about 25% more.

When that happens, the MLO feature above will be truly powerful. But even then, Wi-Fi 7's range will remain the same as that of Wi-Fi 6, which is available only on the 5GHz band. Its improvement is that its 6GHz band now has a more extended reach than in Wi-Fi 6E. In other words, AFC allows the 6GHz band to have at least the same range as the 5GHz. And that's significant.

This feature requires certification, and its availability is expected to vary from one region to another. Hardware released before that is said to be capable of handling AFC, which, when applicable, can be turned on via firmware updates.

So not everywere on the world and with firmware update possible for all.

Source:

and

As mentioned in the article, MLO (Multi-Link Operation) and AFC (Automated Frequency Coordination) are not yet available from Asus as of now.

Source:

Asus-GT-BE98-Pro-Long-Range-Wi-Fi-Performance.png

Asus-GT-BE98-Pro-Close-Range-Wi-Fi-Performance.png

So not everywere on the world and with firmware update possible for all.

Source:

and

Source:

Asus-GT-BE98-Pro-Long-Range-Wi-Fi-Performance.png

Asus-GT-BE98-Pro-Close-Range-Wi-Fi-Performance.png
Yeah I understand that you must live in the region where AFC is approved by the local government. But I'm still wondering if the hardware of BE98/Pro support this.

As mentioned in the article, MLO (Multi-Link Operation) and AFC (Automated Frequency Coordination) are not yet available from Asus as of now.

That information is outdated. MLO function was added in the last firmware update for BE96/98/98Pro.

Features​

• BCM6726 and BCM67263 support 4 streams of Wi-Fi 7
  • BCM67263: 320 MHz channel bandwidth in 6GHz band up to 11.5 Gbps PHY Rate
  • BCM6726: 160 MHz channel bandwidth in 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz band up to 5.7 Gbps PHY rate
  • 4096-QAM modulation
  • Multi-Link Operation (MLO)
  • Automated Frequency Coordination (AFC)
  • Uplink and downlink OFDMA
  • Uplink and downlink MU-MIMO
  • ZeroWait DFS
  • Full compliance with IEEE and WFA Wi-Fi 7 specifications
AFC is supported if im right and the second generation, version 2 chips should have the:
like in the RT-BE58U and TUF-BE3600 with 2x2. dont know if we see also a new 3d ai chip from broadcom later :)

Features​

• BCM6726 and BCM67263 support 4 streams of Wi-Fi 7
  • BCM67263: 320 MHz channel bandwidth in 6GHz band up to 11.5 Gbps PHY Rate
  • BCM6726: 160 MHz channel bandwidth in 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz band up to 5.7 Gbps PHY rate
  • 4096-QAM modulation
  • Multi-Link Operation (MLO)
  • Automated Frequency Coordination (AFC)
  • Uplink and downlink OFDMA
  • Uplink and downlink MU-MIMO
  • ZeroWait DFS
  • Full compliance with IEEE and WFA Wi-Fi 7 specifications
AFC is supported if im right and the second generation, version 2 chips should have the:
like in the RT-BE58U and TUF-BE3600 with 2x2 :)
Thank you. Yes, the CPU and WiFi chip definitely supports it, but I'm not sure if AFC needs some additional hardware, like a GPS. However I heard that you don't have to have a GPS for this feature, there are other ways vendors can use to determine the exact location of the AP.

I think if this feature ever comes to fruition, it must be FCC approved if they ever want to sell it in the US. But I don't think there is any update for BE98 Pro on fccid.io since 2024/11/14, which might not be good news.
https://fccid.io/MSQ-RTBE6M00

I can't find any data regarding the GT-BE19000 on fccid.io. Hopefully there will be an update soon.

Maybe the AFC will then also just available to the US as the AFC itself is also were Facebook has its fingers in it,
so dont know if this is secure and for the german market as well :rolleyes:

Maybe the AFC will then also just available to the US as the AFC itself is also were Facebook has its fingers in it,
so dont know if this is secure and for the german market as well :rolleyes:
I really doubt it will come to Europe anytime soon. The permitted TX power for 6GHz is 250mW in the UK and 200mW in the EU. This is 4 or 5 times less than the current 1W limit in North America. Do you really think they are going to allow people to crank up their 6GHz Wi-Fi to 4W (or 36dBm) with AFC anytime soon?

Nice! I used to think AFC was dead in the water, glad to know that I was wrong.
How does AFC affect the client? Does the adapters increase transmitter power as well? AFC isn't advertised as a feature in any of the adapters available now or coming soon.