What's new

Router that monitors individual device usage?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

missnic

New Around Here
I'm having a problem with Comcast's usage numbers being ridiculously high. In July, I hit my 1Tb cap on the 18th, with no change in use. June total was less than 500Gb. I have no idea what's eating my data. On the 18th, I started tracking usage via GlassWire, comparing it to what Comcast was reading. They seem to agree, more or less. So something happened in those 18 days that I can't account for. It was not a stream that didn't time out or anything like that.

The household has 2 PCs, a PS4, 2 phones, and a smart TV (used for netflix, amazon, etc). I would like the ability to track usage by device, via the router. Can anyone recommend an out of the box router that does this?

Thanks... I've tried 2 netgears (nighthawk x6, xr450) and a linksys (not sure of model but it was open wrt), and none of them have this functionality out of the box. I'm not interested in flashing firmware if I don't have to. I'm looking for recommendations of specific models that can track individual device usage in order to pinpoint where my data leak is.

The xr450 came closest with real time monitoring, but I need a device aggregate, over time.

Asus's high-end models do: RT-AC66U_B1, RT-AC68U, RT-AC86U, etc... Look for a model with AiProtection and Traffic Analyzer support.