What's new

RT-AC66R settings for ps4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akgoat907

New Around Here
Hello, I am getting 20mbps down and 2 mbps up when doing a speedtest. Yet when I play on my ps4 the connection is terrible are there any settings I can change on the router to maximize the connection from the router to the ps4??

Thanks.

Yes; try different channels (on both bands; stick with the one that 'plays' better - not the one with the higher speed test result. Doing this means that you're testing each channel for at least a few minutes of actual game play.

Increase Tx power to 100mw

Set the Preamble option to Short, not Long or Auto.

Position the antenna (or the whole router) slightly differently - also do the same with the PS4 and/or it's antenna.

Make sure you have WWM enabled.

Use WPA2 for security.

Forget the connection and reconnect (fresh).

Reboot the router and the PS4.

Move the router and/or the PS4 closer to each other.

Set 20MHz channel width for the 2.4GHz band.

Set 40MHz channel width for the 5GHz band.

Set 20MHz channel width for the 5GHz band.

Set the lower channels for the 5GHz band (vs. the higher (numerical) channels).

Raise your router as high as possible (or your PS4 if you can).

If all the above fails after a systematic and thorough testing session (it may be over several days to test all the above interactions properly); reload the firmware on the router and reset to defaults, then manually reconfigure any required settings (do not load a saved configuration file).

If all the above fails: run a CAT5e cable between the router and your PS4.

Last edited: