What's new

RT-AC87U or RT-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Some people are saying Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 is better. What do you think?

Well, some folks say the Linksys WRT1900ac is better, and others really consider their Apple AirPort Extreme AC is the one...

It's all subjective at the end of the day...

I use the WRT1900AC. In my house, the Netgear R7000 has excellent coverage in some areas, good in some, and poor in others. The WRT1900AC is much more consistent - there's not as many "excellent" areas compared to the R7000 but there are zero "poor" areas.

I think the WRT1900ac has a definite advantage with the four radios - it's a 3 stream device, but that extra radio makes for a significant improvement compared to 3-radio devices... which explains why the RF performance on that device is so strong... and more consistent...

Doesn't hurt that the WRT1900ac is built a bit more robust on a mechanical perspective - it's pretty solid there, but Linksys/Marvell's approach with discrete logics is pretty interesting... it's more than just the WiFi..