What's new

RT-AX86U-Pro, WAN disconnect every 36 hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try the suggested above change - ISP Gateway in Router mode. I'm surprised you never tried it by now. Your Asus router is most likely the issue. Some folks around replaced their own router with different brand/model after fighting with the same issue for months just like you.

I've put the ISP modem in Router mode. Added the Asus router in a DMZ. I'll see how that goes.

If this is a known issue with Asus, is there some workaround I can do with like a like a script or is this really a case of moving on to a better router? What is a good router with similar features that Merlin has on Asus?

You're lucky to have ISP provided Gateway and not a Modem only. Otherwise when this issues happens you have to replace the router. We had a case like this not long ago, after few modem replacements the thread starter replaced the router with different brand/model.

There are variations of this issue, but most often ISP equipment incompatibility related.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!