What's new

RT-AX88U maxing out a core and regularly showing 60+ MB/s upload

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have never seen the AiCloud services enabled on my routers. My AX88U Pro has always defaulted to disabled on ASUS stock firmware.

I have never seen the AiCloud services enabled on my routers. My AX88U Pro has always defaulted to disabled on ASUS stock firmware.
Just confirmed this and my AiCloud is disabled. I believe Samba Share is enabled by default under USB application-->Servers Center but probably not related to this.

By the way, if you are going to use Omada SDN and not stand alone GUI - Omada doesn't require local hardware/software controller anymore. There is a new Omada Cloud-Based Controller option with free account. Somewhat limited in features, but can save $100 in hardware.

Well got the omada installed. gatewat 192.168.1.1 (default was 192.168.0.1)

BUT whenever I try to adpot it in the omada cloud or through the controller in a docker container it wipes the router back to its defaults 192.168.0.1 and lose all connection!!
I am missing something big! It's a learning curve.

Of all the folks who have been impacted by this: are any of you using an SSD drive enclosure attached to the router? I was and it's the only newish device I can think of - but it didn't start right away either. Only other thing I am suspicious of is a family member's ancient laptop.

I've installed 3004.388.8_2 fresh and got diversion running again. So far no issues. Only change I've made was disconnecting the suspicious drive enclosures and using a sandisk usb stick instead. So far (~2 hours) so good. I'll wait to see if a problem arises once this laptop gets used again.

I have had internet connection issues for past two weeks and I was really mad on. Today I noted that my RT-AX86U with the latest Merlin FW, from time to time sends a huge amount of data to WAN (according to traffic monitor more than my HFC connection is capable to transmit) and when it is happening one CPU core is on 100% usage. During this "peaks" internet connection was lost and no internet at all. This was the cause of my problems with internet connection stability. I have downgraded firmware but it helped for 2 hours. Then I have found this thread and based on what was said here I have turned off AiCloud service, DDNS and changed my password. So far so good and my connection is stable and I do not see this WAN upload peaks in the traffic monitor.

Last edited:
Well got the omada installed. gatewat 192.168.1.1 (default was 192.168.0.1)

BUT whenever I try to adpot it in the omada cloud or through the controller in a docker container it wipes the router back to its defaults 192.168.0.1 and lose all connection!!
I am missing something big! It's a learning curve.
Can you continue this conversation in a different thread please rather than hijacking this one. Thanks.

Of all the folks who have been impacted by this: are any of you using an SSD drive enclosure attached to the router? I was and it's the only newish device I can think of - but it didn't start right away either. Only other thing I am suspicious of is a family member's ancient laptop.

I've installed 3004.388.8_2 fresh and got diversion running again. So far no issues. Only change I've made was disconnecting the suspicious drive enclosures and using a sandisk usb stick instead. So far (~2 hours) so good. I'll wait to see if a problem arises once this laptop gets used again.
I doubt the ssd would be the culprit specially if it was formatted prior to use. I would lean more to the laptop/device not having latest security updates and/or the router itself having AiCloud enabled by default or forced by the malware.