What's new

uiDivStats uiDivstats 4.0.2 - WebUI Stats for Diversion, October 20, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated as follows...
  • amtm to 4.5
  • Diversion to 5.1.2
  • j5u to switch to thelonelycoder's version of uiDivStats
  • uiDivStats to v4.0.0
...and now I see...

The current release of uiDivStats (4.0.0) is
no longer compatible with Diversion 5.1.2.

Watch out for an update with u in amtm,
it will show when a new version is available.

Looks like uiDivStats v4.0.0 is NOT compatible with Diversion v5.1.2!

They're working together just fine. I'm thinking something is triggering this warning, possibly a false positive on some test.
My problem is different, is not causing any real problems, and appears to just be a gui glitch.
Thinking about what I've just written it does seem both problems may just be glitches in amtm.

if/when changing uiDivStats from jackyaz's 'curl' (3.1.0)
to decoderman's 'curl' (4.0.0) - would best practices be to remove v3 (via the GUI) before running the new v4 command line 'curl'?...

asking for a friend...

Always. Along with a router reboot in between.

if/when changing uiDivStats from jackyaz's 'curl' (3.1.0)
to decoderman's 'curl' (4.0.0) - would best practices be to remove v3 (via the GUI) before running the new v4 command line 'curl'?...

additionally - is there any CLI filesystem housekeeping that might be necessary?...

Had troubles at the installation too.

amtm is 4.5 and diversion is 5.2.1.

Finally i used the command from uiDivStats repo.

Bash:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/decoderman/uiDivStats/master/uiDivStats.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats && /jffs/scripts/uiDivStats install

That worked flawlessly, and the "old" (not anymore supported) version is gone.

Thanks for the work!

@thelonelycoder I think there is a minor typo in the WebUI, regarding the Diversion Statistics Report section. The weekly stats function is in menu option c 1, rather than c 2.

1713917263172.png
1713917299928.png

Last edited:
Uninstalled the old version, updated AMTM, Diversion, restarted the router then installed UIDivStats again and worked a treat; thanks mate!

Hi

Seems like UiDivStats and taildns are spamming:
Code:
waiting for NTP to sync ...
messages in the System Log, multiple times per minute, if WAN is not connected.

I think that's a bit too often, otherwise not that of a big deal.

There seems to a problem with uidivstats trimdb (set to run at 00:01 every night by default) severely disrupting the router for a long time (consistently around one hour for me) for some users. In this other thread are reports by me and one more. Is there anything I can do to help see if this is a bug with the code or a problem with my setup? Or should I just take the easy way out and delete the db (now and then?)?

(tested on uiDivStats v4.0.1 and v4.0.2)

Last edited:
Release Notes for uiDivStats 4.0.2 version (now available):

1) Redirected version update requests from the 'develop' branch to the 'master' branch.
The 'develop' branch is *not* supported/available on the repository.​

2) Added a new menu option to allow users to set a preferred time for the daily cron job that trims the database.

3) Various code improvements & fine-tuning.

The new option 6) is available in the SSH CLI menu:

uiDivStats_v4.0.2_CronHourMins_#1.jpg

This allows users to set a preferred time when the trim database process would not affect internet activity (e.g. scheduled at 3:00 AM rather than the current default 12:01 AM).

uiDivStats_v4.0.2_CronHourMins_#2.jpg

Modified time:

uiDivStats_v4.0.2_CronHourMins_#3.jpg

Release Notes for uiDivStats 4.0.2 version (now available):

1) Redirected version update requests from the 'develop' branch to the 'master' branch.
The 'develop' branch is *not* supported/available on the repository.​

2) Added a new menu option to allow users to set a preferred time for the daily cron job that trims the database.

3) Various code improvements & fine-tuning.

The new option 6) is available in the SSH CLI menu:

View attachment 62034

This allows users to set a preferred time when the trim database process would not affect internet activity (e.g. scheduled at 3:00 AM rather than the current default 12:01 AM).

View attachment 62035

Modified time:

View attachment 62036
Are there some other recommended practices to avoid issues with trimdb holding up the router for a long time? I see that the oldest records in my db does not seem to match the setting for how many days to be kept (30 days vs Sep 3), what could be the reason for this?

Are there some other recommended practices to avoid issues with trimdb holding up the router for a long time? I see that the oldest records in my db does not seem to match the setting for how many days to be kept (30 days vs Sep 3), what could be the reason for this?

I haven't reviewed the code that trims the database, but I suppose it's possible that there's a bug somewhere there that causes the trimming task to fail. I don't use Diversion/uiDivStats so I can't really tell you if there are best practices WRT keeping the database at a reasonable size. Your current database at 2.8GB is likely contributing to the total time it takes to process it.

If I get some free time next weekend I can take a look at the code.

@Martinski I've made a note of a similar observation in amongst one of the threads re UiDivStats. Don't ask me where, I didn't bookmark it. At that time it seemed to me the database wasn't being trimmed and I made the assumption that it had gotten too large to be loaded/handled correctly. Could this still be possible? Can a debug log be generated by this script?

@Martinski I've made a note of a similar observation in amongst one of the threads re UiDivStats. Don't ask me where, I didn't bookmark it. At that time it seemed to me the database wasn't being trimmed and I made the assumption that it had gotten too large to be loaded/handled correctly. Could this still be possible? Can a debug log be generated by this script?
Apologies for the delayed response. I was busy all Sunday with family/personal errands and then visiting relatives for a birthday celebration.

Anyway, WRT your question; yeah, it's possible that the SQLite3 version installed via Entware does not handle very large databases (e.g. over 1GB) as well as the standard version does since it's a "light" version that's meant to run on embedded systems which are assumed to have limited resources.

I briefly looked at the current code, and nothing appeared suspicious. So I decided to write a small shell script to gather some diagnostics data while attempting to trim the database using essentially the same code.

Would you both mind running this script on your current uiDivStats database and providing the results?

If OK, I'll provide details via a DM.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!