What's new

Updated to 3.0.0.4.376.3626 & now admin screen is whack?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kjarrett

Occasional Visitor
Updated yesterday, reset as recommended, reloaded defaults fine, restored .CFG from backup, worked great all day ... still working great connection-wise, but, this is what my admin page looks like now:

4r9sab.jpg

WTF?

Reset to factory default and don't use your back up. Re-enter your settings manually.

Thanks, but, what is the purpose of the backups if you can't use them to restore configurations?

Should I 30/30/30 and then enter the settings or 30/30/30, backrev to the prior FW, 30/30/30 again, then redo the settings manually?

IOW, should I keep 3626?

Last edited:
Thanks, but, what is the purpose of the backups if you can't use them to restore configurations?

To restore if your accidentally locked yourself out and were forced to do a factory default reset, or if your router suddenly lost its configuration or got corrupted settings, or to alternate between different configuration profiles.

Thanks Merlin. Get this. I did a restore, got up and running, screenshotted my setups, and within minutes, the admin UI was borked again.

For some reason I decided to try another browser. UI came up perfectly in IE. Confirmed all was set right, forgot about it. Now, the admin UI comes up correctly again in Chrome.

Go figure...must have been some sort of Flash issue.

Thanks again,

-kj-

The same thing happened to me right after I performed the update. I never changed browsers and it went away on its own after I accessed the Control Panel a few times. This only happed on the first day of the update and hasn't happened again; I'm on day 5.

I was glad to see that ASUS added a printer icon to the device list. Now, if there was a way to turn off logging of the NTP update flooding the system log I'd be happy!!!!!!

Agreed, I really love the admin UI. So well done. Little things like icons are great. Same with assigning static IPs right from the network client list.

So in the future when they say 'reboot your router' after flashing that just means push the reset button? Or does power cycling accomplish the same thing?

Agreed, I really love the admin UI. So well done. Little things like icons are great. Same with assigning static IPs right from the network client list.

So in the future when they say 'reboot your router' after flashing that just means push the reset button? Or does power cycling accomplish the same thing?

Power cycle just reboots the router. A factory reset will erase all settings and restore the router to factory default. In the case of the new Asus firmware they want you to do a full factory reset after the firmware install by holding in the reset button for at least 5 seconds then reconfigure from scratch.

Are you sure it's the router's GUI that is messing up? Perhaps if you try a different browser. I remember with some of the very early builds, IE would never display properly. Try Chrome or Firefox. Just a suggestion.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!