What's new

weird issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kram66

Occasional Visitor
I've recently got a new network installed via my ISP, they have supplied me a new router which is a Sagemcom that i must use for my VOIP home phone. My main router is ASUS RT-AC68u, and everything seems to be working fine, however I can make outbound calls, but every in bound call fails. I've tried a few settings and after a reboot, I can call my number correctly, but after a few minutes, it stops working, but can still make outbound calls without fail. Any clue what the problem might be? It is very frustrating.
I'm using the latest Merlin firmware 380.68

How your network looks like now? Is it ASUS RT-AC68u on the WAN side (connected to the ISP) and Sagemcom on the LAN side of ASUS or vice versa?

You may also check the following settings of Asus in WebGUI:

WAN > NAT Passthrough > SIP Passthrough
WAN > NAT Passthrough > H.323 Passthrough

Both should be "Enabled + NAT helper"

Last edited:
How your network looks like now? Is it ASUS RT-AC68u on the WAN side (connected to the ISP) and Sagemcom on the LAN side of ASUS or vice versa?

You may also check the following settings of Asus in WebGUI:

WAN > NAT Passthrough > SIP Passthrough
WAN > NAT Passthrough > H.323 Passthrough

Both should be "Enabled + NAT helper"
Asus is on the WAN side, both settings are enabled, but still not working

Where is Sagemcom?

Hello!

I had a similar problem. The solution was to put the Sagemcom modem in bridge mode. Just one detail: before putting it in bridge mode, the access to my modem was made by the address 192.168.0.1 and after switching to bridge mode the address changed to 192.168.100.1. And as for the modem-to-router connection, you must connect any modem LAN to the WAN of the router.

I hope I have helped :).

Similar to what I did with my ISP vendor supplied GPON modem/router. I also set it to bridge mode, turned off the radios and DHCP and have it as 192.168.1.1. If I ever need to access the web gui, I have to set static IP on my Win 10 laptop eth adapter ipV4 to 192.168.1.x where x is something other than a 1. Gateway 192.168.1.1 and subnet as 255.255.255.255. I then plug in my routers from the GPON modem LAN ports to the router WAN port. PPPOE ISP authentication is done on the routers. The routers are assigned a static IP address of 192.168.x.1, etc.. where x is a number other than 1.

Unfortunately my ISP has locked the Sagemcom modem down and I don't have access to change it to bridge mode, which is very frustrating.

Really? Maybe if you try again with your ISP ... When I had this issue, my ISP told me to do that. And it worked.

Do you have the the login and password of your modem? See on the botton. If they changed the password, you can also try a hard reset, but I don't know if this will cause any issue with your ISP.