What's new

Wifi 7 pointless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think there is a benefit in the right situations, here is a speedtest connecting to my NAS using a GT-BE98.

A1dcUmm.png

I think there is a benefit in the right situations, here is a speedtest connecting to my NAS using a GT-BE98.

A1dcUmm.png
I have just downloaded this on my Ubuntu OS and the copied the url into browser and these are the speeds i get but are not what speeds I am meant to get with provider.So my question is what are these speeds?

So i have installed Ubuntu and getting the exact same results if not slower. so that rules out the windows theory.
Sounds like it's an Asus bug. Could be an intel driver bug that affects both Windows and Linux(unlikely but possible). Wi-Fi 7 is very immature right now. I'm sure we'll be seeing faster more symmetrical speeds over the next year.

Sounds like it's an Asus bug. Could be an intel driver bug that affects both Windows and Linux(unlikely but possible). Wi-Fi 7 is very immature right now. I'm sure we'll be seeing faster more symmetrical speeds over the next year.
Yeah I think the same just a waiting game

I am also experiencing similar issues on WiFi 7 speeds. And cannot figure out why I get a difference.

Speed Issue transferring Files - Wifi 7

Equipment
- Router - Asus GT-BE98
- Switch - QNAP - QSW-2104-2T (2x10GbE and 4x2.5Gbe)
- Laptop NIC - Killer(TM) Wi-Fi 7 BE1750x 320MHz Wireless Network Adapter (BE200NGW)
- USB 2.5GbE adaptor connected to laptop
- Zidoo Z9X (1Gb Ethernet)

Connections
- SSD drive directly connected to USB3 port on router (GT-BE98)
- HDD connected to the USB3 port on the Zidoo Z9x
- Cat6a ethernet cable connected from Router to Switch (10GbE)
- Cat6a ethernet cable connected from switch to Zidoo Z9x

File Transfer speeds to SSD on Router
- When using Wifi 7 - I get on average 90MB/s
- When using the USB Ethernet adaptor - I get on average 160MB/s

File Transfer speeds to HDD connected to Zidoo Z9X
- When using Wifi 7 - I get on average 41MB/s
- When using the USB Ethernet adaptor - I get on average 95MB/s
- When using the Laptops 1GbE ethernet port - I get on average 95MB/s

The Router is in the Lounge Room, same as my Laptop (2meters) with nothing in between. The question is, why is there such a drop off in Wifi 7 Speeds. Firmware is up-to date. Windows 11 24H2. Router firmware: 3006.102.1_1-gnuton0_beta2_rog

I would expect roughly the same on both wired and wireless connection in this case (I think) - but alas, its not.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, Id certainly take it :)

Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• Windows Wifi.jpg
    Windows Wifi.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
2400. My laptop is able to reach around 1800-2000 Mbps when transfering to my NAS with Wifi 6e.

In the specs it could reach up to 4800, but no client supports four streams, only two. Hence the 2400 Mbps max link rate.
Thay is about what I get with 6e , which is good enough for now , those numbers are if I'm within 20 feet of the router further with walls forget it

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!