What's new

Wifi Schedule doesn't work on Merlin 380.64

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gbb21

New Around Here
Hi Guys,

I recently updated the firmware of my t mobile personal cellspot router (AC68u) with merlin 380.64.
It was a very successful update and everything looks much better (thank you !) However, later I found that the wifi schedule feature doesn't work for merlin.

What I mean is that after I setup the wifi schedule in the Advanced Wifi setting, it doesn't actually turn off the wifi as scheduled time, although the router seems remember my settings just fine (I can enter and see the correct wifi schedule just fine).

I tried many times with different combination (e.g. only scheduled to turn off 5g wifi, turn off both 5g and 2.4g wifi, etc), seems none of them will actually shut off the wifi as scheduled.
I double checked the time and time zone settings, but everything looks just fine.

Please help me figure out whether this is a bug. Please let me know if you need more details to repro it. Thank you in advance!

gbb21

A screenshot of your schedule settings might help. I checked all 3 bands on my AC3200 running 380.64 and the settings work perfectly.

A screenshot of your schedule settings might help. I checked all 3 bands on my AC3200 running 380.64 and the settings work perfectly.

Not sure how does the screenshot help here. My schedule setting screen works just fine. The problem is that when the scheduled off-time comes, I can still see and connect to the wifi which suppose to be shutdown. Did I misunderstand that feature ? This could be AC68U specific.

Not sure how does the screenshot help here. My schedule setting screen works just fine. The problem is that when the scheduled off-time comes, I can still see and connect to the wifi which suppose to be shutdown. Did I misunderstand that feature ? This could be AC68U specific.
did u perform a factory reset after fw install

Same here with my AC68U. WiFi scheduler no longer works since flashing with 380.64. It doesn't work with 380.65 alpha either.

Before I reset does anyone have it working with an AC68U?

HB

I just tested it and it's working fine here, wifi is stopping and restarting as configured.

Try wiping your existing scheduler configuration and reconfiguring it.

Code:
nvram unset wl0_sched
nvram unset wl1_sched
nvram set wl0_timesched=1
nvram set wl1_timesched=1
nvram commit

Last edited:
I just tested it and it's working fine here, wifi is stopping and restarting as configured.

Code:
nvram unset wl0_sched
unvram unset wl1_sched
nvram commit
Sorry for the ignorance here. Did you test it by using GUI and on a AC68U router ? I don't know the trick of enable that feature under shell script.

Code:
nvram unset wl0_sched
nvram unset wl1_sched
nvram commit

Thanks Merlin the above code worked. Scheduler now alive again.

HB

Sorry for the ignorance here. Did you test it by using GUI and on a AC68U router ? I don't know the trick of enable that feature under shell script.

Configured using the GUI, then I manually set the clock a few minutes before the start of the "disabled wifi" period, and once again close to the end of the schedule. Both times, wifi properly disabled and re-enabled itself.

The scheduler code is identical for all router models. Run the commands I posted over SSH, you probably have some leftover from the old scheduler code, causing your saved schedule to be corrupted.

A small typo here:
Code:
nvram unset wl0_sched
unvram unset wl1_sched  <<<===
nvram commit
Should be:
Code:
nvram unset wl0_sched
nvram unset wl1_sched
nvram commit

I, I have the same problem, tested the fix and doesn't work,only dowgrade from a firmware different from 380.64 - 380.63works...so for my router the problem is in this new firmware :/
What can i do to have this on newer firmwares?

ps i'm new..thank you merlin for the work!

Last edited:
As I posted, the scheduler works fine for me under 380.64. Make sure you wipe any existing settings as explained in my previous post, and that your router's clock is properly configured.

As I posted, the scheduler works fine for me under 380.64. Make sure you wipe any existing settings as explained in my previous post, and that your router's clock is properly configured.
I tried everything,reset , the commands in the previous post before and after the update, change the ntp server (however it shows the correct date in the wifi schedule task), tried to avoid clock error by disable every hour minus one, always the wifi disable for a moment and re enable itself ....only from 380.60 and above....380.59 works fine witouth an issue...my router version is A2,if someone else has this problem...i really don't know what else can i do :( maybe the modified cfe to max wifi power can influence it?

This didn't work for me properly in the end - even with the NVRAM clearing of the schedule via telnet. Whilst the GUI WiFi beacons would go off initially WiFi was still on and after a minutes or so the GUI beacons lit up again. Bizarrely, my iPhone also reported 'security recommendation' in the connected WiFi that was supposedly off indicating an open network. If the scheduler was set to allow WiFi this message did not appear.

I think that the issue was actually caused by one of the 380.64 builds or latest alpha fixes the issue. I have now got the scheduler working again by flashing my AC68U back to 380.63_2 and then to the latest alpha 380.65_A4. I've messed around with the scheduler and after each 'apply' the WiFi switches on or off as expected after 10 or so seconds. I'll post back again if it fails again.

HB

It's stopped working again unfortunately:(
Has anyone had success with a full factory reset?

HB

On my RT-AC68U with 380.64 my WiFi scheduler is working fine but if I push the "WiFi on/off" button during WiFi off schedule, the WiFi is being turned on successfully. But the WiFi scheduler gets disabled for both bands.
Is this by design ?

On my RT-AC68U with 380.64 my WiFi scheduler is working fine but if I push the "WiFi on/off" button during WiFi off schedule, the WiFi is being turned on successfully. But the WiFi scheduler gets disabled for both bands.
Is this by design ?
Yes

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!