What's new

Wireless Mini Pci Express Cards

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for the reply.

I tried 1 min at the beginning, and find out that my neighbor is using his wireless network all the time, and one of them got a broken d-link online that occupy entire channel 11, that's why I turn into multiple small test for consist result, by the way, I lived in a apartment
If you are streaming video or audio, for instance, you will be pushing data longer than 10 seconds. The more beneficial results are from longer test cycles in determining performance for a given location, channel, bandwidth, etc.

What do you mean when you say your neighbor is using his wireless network all the time? What happened when you ran your tests that made you stop using longer test periods?

I also do not understand what you mean about your neighbor's broken router occupying channel 11. Just because a neighbor's SSID occupies a channel does not mean it is transmitting nor that those transmissions are heavy. The amount of traffic on the channel is generally more important than the number of SSID's on the channel.

You could be manipulating the test parameters in order to provide nicer results than they are in actual use.

Thank you for the reply.

If you are streaming video or audio, for instance, you will be pushing data longer than 10 seconds. The more beneficial results are from longer test cycles in determining performance for a given location, channel, bandwidth, etc.
yea, I know
What do you mean when you say your neighbor is using his wireless network all the time? What happened when you ran your tests that made you stop using longer test periods?

I also do not understand what you mean about your neighbor's broken router occupying channel 11. Just because a neighbor's SSID occupies a channel does not mean it is transmitting nor that those transmissions are heavy. The amount of traffic on the channel is generally more important than the number of SSID's on the channel.
very simple, when I manual choose channel for both of my test AP to channel 11,
I can't get steady connection at all, always drop out in few minutes,
so I did a simple scan with inSSIDer found a D-link wireless device occupy channel 11,
You could be manipulating the test parameters in order to provide nicer results than they are in actual use.
yea I know,

I have no intend to do any further test because I don't have necessary testing software for simulation,
neither clean wireless channel for accurate test,
I can get about 30 SSID on list just by sitting near the window,
for this personal test I have to move everything into my little bath room and block the door with my metal book shelf to get rid most of the interference down to about 5 SSID on list,
anyway I won't do this again, just leave them for the expert, doesn't worth it

by the way I lived in here "25.029938, 121.550430", don't advise me to get any place without wireless signal lol

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!