What's new

Wireless randomly quitting on dlink wbr-2310

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jeanbont

New Around Here
Please forgive a new member in case this has been posted before...:)

My dlink wbr-2310 (hardware version A1, firmware version 1.05) wireless function randomly quits. This sometimes happens several times a day, or two to three days may pass before this problem occurs:

Because the problem appears to be happening randomly, I can't reproduce the problem manually, or find what event or events trigger the failure.

Basically, it appears as if the wireless radio in the router turns off. Any device that was connected loses its connection (includes a laptop, Wii, wireless printer, two Palm Tungsten T/X pda's). Any device that wasn't detected won't find the router (no SSID broadcast).

I can't seem to find a combination of settings to prevent this problem. Only a router reboot (either through web interface, the reset button, or powering off/on the router) fixes the problem.

Have others experienced this problem [even if you don't have a solution, let me know if you've had this problem, I won't feel so alone :) ]? Anyone find a solution?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!