What's new

WRT1900AC - New Firmware v1.1.7.160582 Available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

speedingcheetah

Just saw on the Linksys forums, new FW has been released for the WRT...via the router GUI. Not posted to the Linksys website yet...so no change-log as of yet.

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT1900AC-New-Firmware-v1-1-7-160582-Available/td-p/814248/highlight/false

I updated my WRT to this new firmware.....and...it changed things. Deleted my DHCP reservations and port forwards. Also changed the WAN setting from PPPoE to Auto-DHCP and changed its own address that I had set (192.168.0.202) to a 10.1... address.

No other settings appear affected.

Last edited:
Linksys forum posts say the new F/W adds VLAN (Connectivity menu)

Linksys forum posts say the new F/W adds VLAN (Connectivity menu)

Yep, tagged VLAN's.

Edit: Didn't see much else changed, though...didn't go into every corner of the firmware.

Last edited:
When will their support site be update with the recent firmware?

I'm using two WRT1900s and the one I'm using as a bridge won't auto download through the GUI.

When will their support site be update with the recent firmware?

I'm using two WRT1900s and the one I'm using as a bridge won't auto download through the GUI.

Don't think anyone here would know that.

When ever they decide to post it...

They may never post it. It may be an in-between update. There are a few FW versions that Asus never posted to their site and that were only available from the routers GUI updater.

Last edited:
Don't think anyone here would know that.

When ever they decide to post it...

They may never post it. It may be an in-between update. There are a few FW versions that Asus never posted to their site and that were only available from the routers GUI updater.

Thanks I just reset the bridge to update it.

I don't imagine much of anything changed but one would guess if they took the time to push the update they must have fixed something.

Hi,
I just updated last night. Family was away for the week end. Swapped out R7000 with WRT. They did not notice any thing different when they came home tonight. Getting ready to run some Jperf comapring between R7000 and WRT.

Hi,
I just updated last night. Family was away for the week end. Swapped out R7000 with WRT. They did not notice any thing different when they came home tonight. Getting ready to run some Jperf comapring between R7000 and WRT.

Looking forward to the results. I had two nighthawks but ended up selling them because my SONOS and my printer would "fall off" the network.