What's new

x3mRouting x3mRouting vs Domain based VPN routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The issue becomes if I bypass the vpn for Amazon Prime Video app on android tv I need to also include amazonaws.com / & cloudfront.net which then also bypasses the VPN for Directv Stream because DirecTV stream also uses those websites in there service. This isn't occuring when I do this in my Nat-start ::
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 AMAZON_GLOBAL aws_region=GLOBAL
sh /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/x3mRouting.sh 1 0 HULU dnsmasq=hulu.com,hulustream.com,akamaihd.net,conviva.com,omtrdc.net

I'd love to get the same result with your tool but I wasn't able to do it.

I have provided you the two domains -- cloudfront.net, & amazonaws.com -- These domains are used with both DirectvStream & Amazon Prime
You shouldn't be adding those root level domains to your policy, you need to find the subdomains that are more specific for your service.

what I am doing is using a Directv osprey box and following the DNSmasq log and thats the domain it calls to -- How do I find more sub level domains ? I know how to do it on the website using chrome with that plugin.. However on an android tv settop box i'm not familar. If you have a suggestion i'd listen. However my point is i'm not needing to do this with x3mrouting -- thats why I haven't converted to yours.. For instance I tried to do it on the chrome browser with Amazon Prime and the only domain that seemed to work was the amazonaws.com the other domains that appeared did not fix the bypass on the amazon prime video app on android tv.

what I am doing is using a Directv osprey box and following the DNSmasq log and thats the domain it calls to -- How do I find more sub level domains ? I know how to do it on the website using chrome with that plugin.. However on an android tv settop box i'm not familar. If you have a suggestion i'd listen. However my point is i'm not needing to do this with x3mrouting -- thats why I haven't converted to yours.. For instance I tried to do it on the chrome browser with Amazon Prime and the only domain that seemed to work was the amazonaws.com the other domains that appeared did not fix the bypass on the amazon prime video app on android tv.
You could use the Web History feature on the router to see where the client is going.

how do I do that.. I can see all the domains through dnsmasq log meaning i'm following the log.. is there another way to do it ?

So what do I select as the interface if I want the policy to bypass vpn --- Meaning do I select wan if I want the ips in the policy to be routed through wan or do I pick the client

Yeah so I have tried the tools from chrome to find the domain to add but so far
a2z.com amazon.com cdn.net amazon.dev amazonaws.com if I add those domains the TV Prime app on my android TV sees that i'm on a VPN and doesn't work.. As soon as I add cloudfront.net it now doesn't say that i'm on VPN the issue is Directv stream also uses some ip inside of cloudfront.net so that is bypassed. I do not have this problem with x3m.. I would love some more insight to this.

So what do I select as the interface if I want the policy to bypass vpn --- Meaning do I select wan if I want the ips in the policy to be routed through wan or do I pick the client
Yes and the WAN rules will take higher priority.

Yeah so I have tried the tools from chrome to find the domain to add but so far the only thing that bypasses the VPN on the android app is cloudfare.net which also then bypasses the vpn for directv because they also use cloudfare.net. I don’t know how to find sub domains maybe a way to find them can be explained. All I know is I’m opening the app on the tv and I see multiple domains appear in the log. The only one that works to bypass the check is cloud fare.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!