What's new

YazDHCP YazDHCP - feature expansion of DHCP assignments (increasing limit on the number of DHCP reservations)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks as ever Jack for you your wonderful scripts.

My daily driver router is a AX88U which replace a AC88U that I still have gathering dust. I want to use the AC88U as a spare just in case my AX88U fails and basically I just like to tinker!

I have saved my DHCP reservations and exported them to a CSV file. My question is can I import that file into the AC88U, obviously with YazDHCP previously installed?

Both routers are running Merlin 386.1
Thank you! Importing to YazDHCP is cross router compatible.

That’s great news, thanks.

Ok. It works!

Saved the DHCP .CSV file from my AX88U and successfully imported it into my spare AC88U. I shall put my AC88U back to bed now, got to take it easy with the old girl. :)

Brilliant work Jack.

Just as an aside, and I don't even know if this is possible, but could the icon images associated with the MAC address' be somehow saved alongside the DHCP list?

As a save/restore utility it works really well and that added functionality really would be 'the icing on the cake'.

@Jack Yaz It may be a coincidence but my 86U hasn't rebooted as much since this addon. I have alot of DHCP reservations (IOT, cameras, etc...) and this seems to have help. Thanks again!

I expect they're totally unrelated but I'll take it! :)
HAHA, Well I run a bunch of your other scripts as well so if not this one maybe ntpmerlin. ;)

Just as an aside, and I don't even know if this is possible, but could the icon images associated with the MAC address' be somehow saved alongside the DHCP list?

As a save/restore utility it works really well and that added functionality really would be 'the icing on the cake'.
Not really sure how the firmware stores them. I'm aware of the nvram variable custom_clientslist and the custom icons in /jffs/usericon but not sure how MACs are linked to standard icons etc.

Not really sure how the firmware stores them. I'm aware of the nvram variable custom_clientslist and the custom icons in /jffs/usericon but not sure how MACs are linked to standard icons etc.
The custom icons are linked to the MACs by the name of the file in /jffs/usericon, I think. Not sure about the standard icons, which I think will be a black box.

But I think if you restore jffs, the icons will all go back to where they were originally, so I'm not sure you need this for purposes of one router. If you were moving from one router to another without restoring all of the jffs maybe, but then it is just copying that one folder.

@Jack Yaz
Woke up and noticed that my servers weren't functioning properly.
Turns out, they weren't reachable.
Look at the LAN->DHCP page and there are no manually assigned entries. Not one.
Saved the log and rebooted the router.
Still no entries.
Import the saved csv. Puzzled here as no entries are shown after the import. The popup says to check them then hit aply. I did not apply as there were no entries in the list.

So, I currently have zero static DHCP. Help?

@Jack Yaz
Woke up and noticed that my servers weren't functioning properly.
Turns out, they weren't reachable.
Look at the LAN->DHCP page and there are no manually assigned entries. Not one.
Saved the log and rebooted the router.
Still no entries.
Import the saved csv. Puzzled here as no entries are shown after the import. The popup says to check them then hit aply. I did not apply as there were no entries in the list.

So, I currently have zero static DHCP. Help?
PM me the contents of the CSV? Something might have got misformatted

Following up, the proper entries are in /jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.hostnames and /jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.staticlist I have no options so that is empty.

Following up, the proper entries are in /jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.hostnames and /jffs/addons/YazDHCP.d/.staticlist I have no options so that is empty.
that should be OK since those are the files dnsmasq uses (DHCPclients is used to populate them). Are there any errors in your system log about dnsmasq?

Also in the WebUI page itself, hit F12 and check for any Console errors please

No errors for dnsmasq.
Console has plenty of 404 errors.
Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
d3.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
detect.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
d3.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
detect.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:51 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:51
(anonymous) @ Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:51
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:286 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at ScriptUpdateLayout (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:286)
    at initial (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:251)
    at onload (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:1081)

Well, the forum is blocking me from posting logs or files now. Oops we ran into an error...

No errors for dnsmasq.
Console has plenty of 404 errors.
Code:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:51 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:51
(anonymous) @ Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:51
Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:286 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
    at ScriptUpdateLayout (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:286)
    at initial (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:251)
    at onload (Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp:1081)
those are the shared-jy files. does /jffs/addons/shared-jy exist? does it also exist (i.e. valid link through) in /www/user ?

shared-jy is empty ls -la shows nothing.