What's new

YazFi YazFi v4.x

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The Menu works great!
1627981120102.png

Confirmed it works. Don't have anything connected ATM. Future improvements to consider, set a refresh of 3 seconds (i.e. not critical).

1627981269455.png

No issues with Client Isolation on the newer supported platforms either. Thank you for placing that as an option.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

ok, i'll test this on 386.3 now. can you post a screenshot of your YazFi configuration for the guest in question please?
Screenshot 2021-08-03 100914.jpg

As it's currently set using the VPN provider's DNS.

not sure what to suggest, as this is working on my test router. can you send me the diagnostics from YazFi? option d at CLI
please PM me the passphrase. if you need me to send a dropbox upload link for the tarball then please let me know
oh and on the pihole, can you send me the contents of /etc/dhcpcd.conf

not sure what to suggest, as this is working on my test router. can you send me the diagnostics from YazFi? option d at CLI
please PM me the passphrase. if you need me to send a dropbox upload link for the tarball then please let me know
oh and on the pihole, can you send me the contents of /etc/dhcpcd.conf
Will do my best.

Have sent you a 'conversation'. Assume it's private.

I'm going to have to be out quite a bit for the rest of today but will be around this evening. I'll also be away Wed/Thurs.

so the end goal is to have the guest redirected to VPN but dns served by pihole on 50.2, is that right?
A route may need to be made indicating all traffic specific to the subnet passing to the ip of pihole be directed toward wan, if the pihole is not being routed through the vpn.

Well............ To cut a long story short, I decided to create a fresh RPi OS/Pi-Hole installation on a new SD card (without Unbound for now). I popped it in the RPi and it worked fine with YazFi! It works both with YazFi set to force DNS or when force DNS is off and the RPi's address is set in the VPN client custom config. I pointed Pi-Hole at several different upstream DNS providers and dnsleaktest.com displayed the correct DNS service in each case. I put the old card back in just to confirm that that was the cause and it was. :D :D :D

Thank you very much indeed for your help here Jack. I'm extremely sorry that this problem has taken up so much of your time. The RPi Pi-Hole installation has worked reliably here for about 12 months but I must have changed something at sometime that didn't affect its operation until it was used in this configuration. (I'm a Linux newbie and only bought the RPi to play with during the lockdown.)

Thank you again - Andy

(without Unbound for now).
This may be the first time you've mentioned that you were using Unbound. Looked back and didn't see it mentioned with your setup. Its possible there is something with the configuration of Unbound that is the cause. Personally Unbound won't work (with Pi-Hole) for me when I enable TOR under the VPN settings. Have to reconfigure Pi-Hole to not use Unbound before DNS requests are resolved through the TOR tunnel.

Well............ To cut a long story short, I decided to create a fresh RPi OS/Pi-Hole installation on a new SD card (without Unbound for now). I popped it in the RPi and it worked fine with YazFi! It works both with YazFi set to force DNS or when force DNS is off and the RPi's address is set in the VPN client custom config. I pointed Pi-Hole at several different upstream DNS providers and dnsleaktest.com displayed the correct DNS service in each case. I put the old card back in just to confirm that that was the cause and it was. :D :D :D

Thank you very much indeed for your help here Jack. I'm extremely sorry that this problem has taken up so much of your time. The RPi Pi-Hole installation has worked reliably here for about 12 months but I must have changed something at sometime that didn't affect its operation until it was used in this configuration. (I'm a Linux newbie and only bought the RPi to play with during the lockdown.)

Thank you again - Andy
glad to hear everything is working! i was seriously stumped

I need to have two devices in one network. Will it work for TAP VPN and leave the regular LAN out of vpn?

Thank you again - Andy
mine works with pihole +unbound +vpn with no issues. Sorry to hear you had to redo it without unbound.

Not sure this is an issue for others, I think I saw some one else mention this recently (edit to add: this post). When updating through the GUI it is, for me, hanging at the end of the update and the GUI page just shows Complete with a spinning dots. Seen this happen a few times recently where I don't recall this ever happening in the past since the GUI page with update option was added. refreshing the page sometimes shows the old firmware with a new update available. If I check the YazFi CLI it indicts the latest firmware.

Attachments

• YazFiUpdateComplete.jpg
    YazFiUpdateComplete.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 60
Not sure this is an issue for others, I think I saw some one else mention this recently (edit to add: this post). When updating through the GUI it is, for me, hanging at the end of the update and the GUI page just shows Complete with a spinning dots. Seen this happen a few times recently where I don't recall this ever happening in the past since the GUI page with update option was added. refreshing the page sometimes shows the old firmware with a new update available. If I check the YazFi CLI it indicts the latest firmware.
could be the same issue that i fixed with applying settings. hotfix pushed to disable the client auto refresh when updating script from webui. since its a webui only change you need to use option if at cli