What's new

Beta Asus GT-AX6000 beta firmware version 9.0.0.6_102_33874 (2024/02/23)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

for all who installed it, it's strange that I am getting 0 counters in AI Protection, never really paid attention to this, but at least on the first 2 i'd occasionally see low numbers on others routers.

maybe it's due to using:

Filter Mode:
Safe
Service Name: Quad9
DNS Server: 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112
and it is indeed very safe.

1712363195582.png

It works for me
1712415954842.png

i also use
1712416001120.png

You can test AIProtection, read this topic

When i go to malicious site, router block it and show warning page
1712416457782.png

Last edited:
asus.hns.tm/?cat_id=79&mac=7C507965FBA3&domain=malware.wicar.org

turkmenistan? cannot find any information that this domain is legit. if this is legit than this is insanely poor decision making at trend micro.

Vant can you check that you were not spearfished? @VANT

and yes, i know the IPs for blocking.asus.hns.tm asus.hns.tm and hns.tm are in the US and Japan and associated with Palo Alto networks and AWS, and the NIC is somehow in London/UK, but come on... a global security solution, shouldn't it go with a more conventional domain?

open this https://hns.tm/ and tell me that this is not an amateur hour website and looks super unprofessional

Last edited:
btw, the trend micro stuff did work, looks like i just didn't visit any suspicious sites... counter is counting

It is up for 5 days. Not sure, I did not change anything.
Even though it says ON on the 3 knobs, you still have to turn the whole engine one for it to work. Maybe the filtering works without? Not sure.

Finally I got this, Tx/Rx for thermostats are 1, and they lost connection. This is guest network. I will disable "Roaming assistant" to see it that fixes the issue.

View attachment 57582

I disabled Roaming assistant and still 2 Thermostats on guest AP are constantly disconnected with Tx/Rx = 1. I gave up and switched back to 21514 with Roaming assistant disabled. If that still doesn't work, I will go back to 23285.

I did not have this issue before switching to 21514. I tried Merlin and have the same issue, guest AP 2.4Ghz has problems and Tx/Rx shows 1 but while not disconnected, there is no network traffic.

I disabled Roaming assistant and still 2 Thermostats on guest AP are constantly disconnected with Tx/Rx = 1. I gave up and switched back to 21514 with Roaming assistant disabled. If that still doesn't work, I will go back to 23285.

I did not have this issue before switching to 21514. I tried Merlin and have the same issue, guest AP 2.4Ghz has problems and Tx/Rx shows 1 but while not disconnected, there is no network traffic.
do you send feedback to asus from router gui ?

By the way, is this the only thing I need to uncheck to disable DFS?

2024-04-08_170209.png

By the way, is this the only thing I need to uncheck to disable DFS?

View attachment 57785

That toggle only disables using DFS control channels. You can have a non-DFS control channel with DFS extension channels to achieve 160MHz bandwidth.

Disable using 160MHz bandwidth to disable using DFS channels.

OE

do you send feedback to asus from router gui ?
I did not see that and did not know this feature...

But guest AP has been an issue since 21514, disabling "roaming assisntance" helps. With this beta version it won't work.

I did not see that and did not know this feature...

But guest AP has been an issue since 21514, disabling "roaming assisntance" helps. With this beta version it won't work.

Did you restore factory settings after switching to this version? Basic configuration and test?

so Trend Micro is really a clown company. I asked support a bunch of times and they said those blocking URLs were all suspicious and not safe. 🤣 Looks like they automated support away, no useful answers. ASUS of course did not manage to answer at all yet.

There is one place, a news entry, that mentions the hns.tm URL https://news.trendmicro.com/2020/02/25/trend-micro-home-network-security-pt-3-functions-test/
http://test-malware.hns.tm - It is not even included on their product guide https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/resources/hns-product-guide

In summary, really bad decision making using the Turkmenistan domain IMHO, but probably conforming the firmware is legit. Mind boggling.

attached for public amusement. TM considers its own network unsafe... good one.

1713191941513.png

Decided to try it! VPN Fusion Wireguard Protocol does not connect, OpenVPN no problems. Tried a Factory reset and no change it just does not want to connect. Anyone having issues with VPN Client Wireguard connection issue?

Decided to try it! VPN Fusion Wireguard Protocol does not connect, OpenVPN no problems. Tried a Factory reset and no change it just does not want to connect. Anyone having issues with VPN Client Wireguard connection issue?

It's the same for me. I reported it through the router's gui. Please do the same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!