What's new

aus pce-ac68 win 10 driver issue 2.4 gig

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pete y testing

Very Senior Member
hi guys

have installed

Version 2.1.1.4

Description ASUS PCE-AC68 Utility 2.1.1.4
It is for all sku except EU
Support OS: Win 7/8/8.1/XP/10

Updated driver version to 7.35.315.0

[Please note]This version is driver only. Before installing this version, please uninstall pervious PCE-AC68 utility
File Size 89.11 MBytesupdate

and although the 5 gig side of it is working fine no matter what i do or try i cant get the adapter to connect on the 2.4 gig above 216M sync rate

i have confirmed the 2.4 gig is set to 40mhz and obss co existence is disabled on the router and inssider is showing the router ( various routers ) is using 5 channels and thus 40mhz but its like the adapter its self is forcing obss coexistence

can anyone that has the pce-ac68 install this if they have windows 10 64 bit and see if the same occurs

i will chase this up with asus as well , just wanted to check with some other users first

thanks

pete

Please add your comments there

thanks , i did search but didnt see anything on the driver version to 7.35.315.0 , which has dramatically improved 5 gig throughput but has restricted 2.4 gig throughput , have posted there as well

thanks , i did search but didnt see anything on the driver version to 7.35.315.0 , which has dramatically improved 5 gig throughput but has restricted 2.4 gig throughput , have posted there as well

That issue still appears to be open, and fwiw, I think your insight might be helpful with sorting/solving it.

Anyone figure this out?? It's completely egregious! I'm selling my adapter because of this - what garbage.

hi

never did figure out what was happening as im now using the pce-ac88 adapters and they work fine on windows 10

you might want to see if you can install the pce-ac88 drivers on your pce-ac68 and see if that solves it for you

however the big question here is why are you bothering with 2.4 gig anyway , the 5 gig works extremely well on the pce-ac68 and you prob should be just using it

and although the 5 gig side of it is working fine no matter what i do or try i cant get the adapter to connect on the 2.4 gig above 216M sync rate

Look for VHT 2.4G in the driver advanced properties - most will default to HT mode only...

There's really no need for VHT support in 2.4GHz anyways, and enabling this on the router can still cause interop issues with legacy clients out there...

hi

never did figure out what was happening as im now using the pce-ac88 adapters and they work fine on windows 10

you might want to see if you can install the pce-ac88 drivers on your pce-ac68 and see if that solves it for you

however the big question here is why are you bothering with 2.4 gig anyway , the 5 gig works extremely well on the pce-ac68 and you prob should be just using it

Same reason everyone else uses it. Distance.

well all i can say is you must be a long way away , as even at 25 meters through 4 walls from one end of my house to the other my 5 gig is still faster than the 2.4 gig throughput

2.4 gig @25 meters
asus rt-ac68u read 5.32 write 8.32 sync 243M

5 gig at 25 meters
asus rt-ac68u read 15.6 write 17.5 sync 234M

so as you can see the 5 gig is still far better

you see just looking at how many bars you have isnt a good comparison