What's new

Help with IPTV connection on router blocking Netflix on Panasonic TV?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Did you try this fix from Panasonic's support site?

What should I do if error "006" is displayed when I press the Internet button on the TV's remote control?
Enter the TV's Network menu and select the "IP Address/DNS Setting" option. Then change the DNS Setting mode to Manual and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8

Thanks did you go to the link to see details? I'll try that for sure...I PAID Panasonic for tech support and they didn't even know what I was talking about.

Thanks again will do.

Edit:

I tried that still no go. It tried to load Netflicks and it asked for clock update, we lost power on sometime back. Still gave 006 on test screen. When I try to load from Netflicks gives 001 connection error so they don't agree.

Thanks for trying any other ideas can you send me link for codes?

Last edited:
Yes, I went to your link.....not an exact match from the Panasonic site, but I thought maybe close enough:)

The only other though I had, not having a Panasonic set, is do you have a place to set your location/zip code, etc. Many streaming sites are getting picky about trying to match locations with IP address for licensing reasons..

One more possibility if you are using a VPN connection, try turning it off. My Roku just stopped working on Netflix when going thru my VPN (haven't had time to look into it further yet).

One more possibility if you are using a VPN connection, try turning it off. My Roku just stopped working on Netflix when going thru my VPN (haven't had time to look into it further yet).
I have a VPN setup software on my computer but not on my router. I guess I could try and turn off all the security Trend Micro on my Router.

I knew that Netflicks was blocking VPN cause other country we watching Netflicks peer to peer to US when their country didn't allow it.