What's new

Outdoor AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hydroz23

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I am looking to install another router to my setup but will be outside inside of a outdoor kitchen (not wired). I know that Asus does not make an outdoor units so I was going to install it in a IP67 project box and possibly remove the antennas and mount them to the side and top of the enclosure which will be mounted inside the island. Has anyone done something similar?

I currently have two GT-AX6000 units and I was thinking of adding a third GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U Pro.

Any issues mounting inside of an enclosure, mounting sideways or relocating antennas or should I look at something without antennas like the XT8?

Hello, I am looking to install another router to my setup but will be outside inside of a outdoor kitchen (not wired). I know that Asus does not make an outdoor units so I was going to install it in a IP67 project box and possibly remove the antennas and mount them to the side and top of the enclosure which will be mounted inside the island. Has anyone done something similar?

I currently have two GT-AX6000 units and I was thinking of adding a third GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U Pro.

Any issues mounting inside of an enclosure, mounting sideways or relocating antennas or should I look at something without antennas like the XT8?
Does it need to be an actual router or would a small repeater suffice? Something like the ASUS RP-AX58U may be suitable plus it can be added to ASUS’s AiMesh.

No antennas to worry about plus the whole unit is effectively a plug so if you already have a shielded plug socket then you may not even need to box it.

HB