What's new

Recent AX86U Pro Adapter Info.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
My recent AX86U Pro from Amazon.

1. Adapter: 12V 3A. Diameter 5.5 * 2.5mm.
Compatible ASUS Laptop adapters and 3rd party adapters work fine.

dhesfsfsf (2).jpg

2. Router back.

dhesfsfsf (3).jpg

RT-AX86U Pro: Present AX86U Pro comes with '12 V with max.3 A'.
Following adapters are compatible.
19 V with max. 2.37 A current / 19.5 V with max. 2.31 A current or
12 V with max.3 A current / 19.5 V with max. 2.31 A current

RT-AX86U: Following adapters are compatible.
19 V with max. 2.37 A current / 19.5 V with max. 2.31 A current

RT-AX86S: Following adapters are compatible.
12 V with max.3 A current / 19.5 V with max. 2.31 A current

Last edited:
Hi,

I just bought a new RT-AX86U Pro from Germany via Amazon. I'm in Australia and unfortunately the adapter that comes with it is EU only.

I have posted about this query in Reddit with varying comments and now saw your post on this forum and was hoping to get a more conclusive answer.
The router either accepts 12V 3A or 19V 2.31A input. I have an older Asus branded power supply for my current AC3200 router and was ultimately hoping that I could re-use that. The power adapter outputs 19V 2.37A, which is not exactly either one of the ratings specified on the box. However your post indicates that I may get away with using an adapter with those specs with my new router. Will not having the exact specs cause risk of damage/overheating or other issue with either the router and or the power supply. Last thing i need is to either fry the router, or start a fire.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!