What's new

[384.11_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ntpMerlin is stuck on waiting for nvram variable "ntp_ready" to become 1.

@RMerlin: Does 384.11 Alpha 2 still set that?

ntpMerlin is stuck on waiting for nvram variable "ntp_ready" to become 1.

@RMerlin: Does 384.11 Alpha 2 still set that?
Yes.

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

Installed a few spare routers I have with the 384.11 Alpha 2 firmware here. No real issues, but some notes I made while I was doing these upgrades.

RT-AC68U, with a full amtm (i.e. all available scripts installed, including FreshJR QOS) menu:
  • Rebooted the router, installed the firmware, rebooted, no internet.
  • Note: I did not remove the USB drive from this router. ;)
  • Changed 'Connect to DNS Server automatically' in the WAN section, rebooted.
  • Working. :)

RT-AC3100, with a full amtm (i.e. all available scripts installed, including FreshJR QOS) menu:
  • Rebooted the router, tried to install the firmware, locked everything up. Internet kept working, but no scripts were running, nor was the router accessible via the GUI or SSH.
  • I unplugged the router, waited 2 minutes and plugged it back in. Internet was working.
  • Scripts dead. Signing into the GUI (SSH, not working), the USB drive was not mounted. ;)
  • I unplugged the router once more, waited 2 minutes, unplugged the USB drive, powered it back up.
  • Internet still not working, GUI working, SSH working. Flashed to Alpha 2 and this time, it 'took'.
  • After it rebooted, I unplugged the router, waited 2 minutes, plugged in the USB drive and powered it up.
  • Internet not working. But we are on the Alpha 2 build. :)

After seeing the results with the above two routers, (everything seemed to be speeded up, very responsive), I decided to flash my main router too. But I changed the order of things:

RT-AC86U, with a full amtm (i.e. all available scripts installed, including FreshJR QOS) menu:
  • Uninstalled Stubby. Rebooted. Unplugged router, waited 2 minutes.
  • Removed the USB drive. Power up the router. Flash Alpha 2.
  • After it rebooted, I again unplugged the router, waited 2 minutes.
  • Plugged in the USB drive. Powered up the router.
  • Everything working and did I mention its fast. :)
I'll try to play with the new options, maybe by this weekend, but so far can see a noticeable improvement in the router's responsiveness (all of them).

Too bad Asus' 'release' versions aren't as polished as the Alpha builds RMerlin gives us. :)

Installed a few spare routers I have with the 384.11 Alpha 2 firmware here. No real issues, but some notes I made while I was doing these upgrades.

RT-AC68U, with a full amtm (i.e. all available scripts installed, including FreshJR QOS) menu:
  • Rebooted the router, installed the firmware, rebooted, no internet.
  • Note: I did not remove the USB drive from this router. ;)

RT-AC3100, with a full amtm (i.e. all available scripts installed, including FreshJR QOS) menu:
  • Rebooted the router, tried to install the firmware, locked everything up. Internet kept working, but no scripts were running, nor was the router accessible via the GUI or SSH.
  • I unplugged the router, waited 2 minutes and plugged it back in. Internet was working.
  • Scripts dead. Signing into the GUI (SSH, not working), the USB drive was not mounted. ;)
  • I unplugged the router once more, waited 2 minutes, unplugged the USB drive, powered it back up.
  • Internet still not working, GUI working, SSH working. Flashed to Alpha 2 and this time, it 'took'.
  • After it rebooted, I unplugged the router, waited 2 minutes, plugged in the USB drive and powered it up.
  • Internet not working. But we are on the Alpha 2 build. :)

After seeing the results with the above two routers, (everything seemed to be speeded up, very responsive), I decided to flash my main router too. But I changed the order of things:

RT-AC86U, with a full amtm (i.e. all available scripts installed, including FreshJR QOS) menu:
  • Uninstalled Stubby. Rebooted. Unplugged router, waited 2 minutes.
  • Removed the USB drive. Power up the router. Flash Alpha 2.
  • After it rebooted, I again unplugged the router, waited 2 minutes.
  • Plugged in the USB drive. Powered up the router.
  • Everything working and did I mention its fast. :)
I'll try to play with the new options, maybe by this weekend, but so far can see a noticeable improvement in the router's responsiveness (all of them).

Too bad Asus' 'release' versions aren't as polished as the Alpha builds RMerlin gives us. :)

And don't forget when in doubt use m&m for better results.

Ha, ha, ha. Just finished installing 384.11 Alpha 3 on the same routers as in post 83. :)

I should have been patient for just a few more minutes! :)

Flashed RT-AC86U from 384.11_alpha2 to 384.11_alpha3

Format JFFS partition at next boot, factory reset and manually reconfigured settings

Settings used

VPN Client using ExpressVPN
DHCP Server
Traffic Analyzer
Adaptive QoS
AIProtection

All work as expected as they did with alpha2

amtm, diversion, skynet & spdmerlin installed plus both iOS shortcuts

Still having fun playing with scripts

Diversion is disabled because the internet side of my Tivo v6 box does not play nicely when the VPN clients policy rules are set to all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Still no IPv6 address from Internet with 384.11_alpha3-g0bf64b1597
  • IPv4 is OK
  • Simple Comcast IPv6
    • Native
    • DHCP-PD Enabled
    • Stateless
  • No router VPN client
  • Router GUI shows LAN IPv6 Address
  • System Log - IPv6 Network Information appears as if nothing is wrong
  • No IPv6 issues with 384.10_2 or before
  • Weird delay from https://browserleaks.com/ip as if packets dropped rather than rejected
  • http://test-ipv6.comcast.net/ is 0/20 "No IPv6 address detected"

Last edited:
Still no IPv6 address from Internet with 384.11_alpha3-g0bf64b1597
  • IPv4 is OK
  • Simple Comcast IPv6
    • Native
    • DHCP-PD Enabled
    • Stateless
  • No router VPN client
  • Router GUI shows LAN IPv6 Address
  • System Log - IPv6 Network Information appears as if nothing is wrong
  • No IPv6 issues with 384.10_2 or before
  • Weird delay from https://browserleaks.com/ip as if packets dropped rather than rejected
What router? And also on system log page the ipv6 tab do you see a wan ipv6 gateway address?

RT-AX88U
No, WAN IPv6 Gateway is blank
That means your router is not detecting the ipv6 default route provided by your isp, if it did it would have established connection. This must be an issue introduced by the new firmware released by asus.

If you put the router in passthru mode it will.show you
That means your router is not detecting the ipv6 default route provided by your isp, if it did it would have established connection. This must be an issue introduced by the new firmware released by asus.
If you turned passthrough mode on and go.back to this page I bet you would see your wan ipv6 gateway address. The down side is this doesnt distribute it though like native mode does.

RT-AX88U
No, WAN IPv6 Gateway is blank
My comcast ipv6 is working with those settings.
Did you verify Tools-Other Settings-Advanced Tweaks and Hacks:
Yes for drop ipv6 neighbor

It may not have anything todo with comcast itself as a service but more to do with modem that is being used.

Give the drop solicitation a try and see if it helps.

Reverted back to 384.10_2 and now I have a WAN IPv6 Gateway
If you turned passthrough mode on and go.back to this page I bet you would see your wan ipv6 gateway address. The down side is this doesnt distribute it though like native mode does.
Guess I will try that next time
My comcast ipv6 is working with those settings.
Did you verify Tools-Other Settings-Advanced Tweaks and Hacks:
Yes for drop ipv6 neighbor
IPv6.png

I will try that next time but I was under the impression it was a workaround for a Comcast problem which is no longer a problem. Has not been a problem 384.10_2 and earlier.

Reverted back to 384.10_2 and now I have a WAN IPv6 Gateway

Guess I will try that next time

View attachment 17086
I will try that next time but I was under the impression it was a workaround for a Comcast problem which is no longer a problem. Has not been a problem 384.10_2 and earlier.

it definitely has to do with a combination of the new firmware brought into this beta from asus and the modem you are using.

It may not have anything todo with comcast itself as a service but more to do with modem that is being used.
Arris SB8200
Docsis 3.1
Hardware Version 4
Software Version SB8200.0200.174F.311915.NSH.RT.NA

Arris SB8200
Docsis 3.1
Hardware Version 4
Software Version SB8200.0200.174F.311915.NSH.RT.NA
RT-AX88U to 384_5951 GPL was added in this alpha
this is what asus did with their new branch
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.5951
Security Fix
- Fixed CVE-2018-20334
- Fixed CVE-2018-20336
- Fixed null pointer issue. Thanks for CodeBreaker of STARLabs’ contribution.
- Fixed AiCloud buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Resecurity International's contribution.

New Feature
- Support WAN Aggregation under DHCP and PPPoE WAN connection type.
This feature combines two gigabit networks to increase bandwidth up to 2 gigabits. Please note that the modem connects to RT-AX88U must support LACP-IEEE 802.3ad.

Improvement
- Improved RT-AX88U and Samsung® S10 series connection performance.

Bug Fix
- Fixed IPTV VLAN issues.
- Fixed comparision issue with ASUS router iOS app 1.0.0.1.40
- Fixed AiMesh LAN IP issue when router using IPv6 WAN<<<<<===============
- Fixed Network Map related issues.
- Fixed AiMesh connection issue between GT-AX11000 and RT-AX88U.
- Fixed Download Master icon disappear issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 2b42f17b6d8eacb035821e1b38e6494e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!