What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@.TT. did you test the router stats function on your RT86U?
If not, could you run a manual job and check if IP's are resolved to the hostname as they appear in the devices list?
I'm asking because you reported the dnsmasq.leases file error in the Skynet thread.
AB uses the same file.

I did enable stats and it seems fine =)

Checking rs and show local clientslist shows.
clients in hosts.dnsmasq:
192.168.2.111 PC

(dnsmasq.leases file is empty)

Last edited:
I did enable stats and it seems fine =)

Checking rs and show local clientslist shows.
clients in hosts.dnsmasq:
192.168.2.111 PC

(dnsmasq.leases file is empty)
What path is it showing with:
Code:
find / -name dnsmasq.leases

I have manual static IP for practically all devices (this is how I group them by devices) and they all show up in the file when connected, with the assigned name.

Anyway, AB-Solution uses two files to resolve names for the stats:
- /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
- /et*/hosts.dnsmasq
The preference is hosts.dnsmasq before dnsmasq.leases, so you should be good.
(et* = etc, otherwise my post will be blocked by Cloudfare)

What path is it showing with:
Code:
find / -name dnsmasq.leases

I have manual static IP for practically all devices (this is how I group them by devices) and they all show up in the file when connected, with the assigned name.

Anyway, AB-Solution uses two files to resolve names for the stats:
- /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
- /et*/hosts.dnsmasq
The preference is hosts.dnsmasq before dnsmasq.leases, so you should be good.
(et* = etc, otherwise my post will be blocked by Cloudfare)
I have static IP for most of mine as well.
And to confirm;
find / -name dnsmasq.leases = /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

The short version
What I ask you to do:
Go here and Like this post, if more than 100 likes are registered, kvic will do a write-up of cascading hash tables in Dnsmasq which could potentially be of very good use in AB-Solution.
Thank you.
Well, the Likes count increased from 11 to 45 as of now. Only 55 more to go!

46 at that time ! :)
At the time of posting, it stood ad 45, 10 minutes later another user added his thumbs up.
We'll get there, you just wait Mister kvic!

You must break the "Like" button :D
I'm a coder, I can easily do that!

WFJjn04.png

Yep... Html/HTML5, CSS3, PHP and SQL; they are not a big problem.

But I did not mean this. I meant something real and clean :p

Last edited:
Yep... Html/HTML5, CSS3, PHP and SQL; they are not a big problem.

But I did not mean this. I meant something real and clean :p
Haha, it's Kate Austen and Jack Shephard from Lost for me.
Or Shelly Briggs/Johnson and Diane from Twin Peaks.

Haha, it's Kate Austen and Jack Shephard from Lost for me.
Or Shelly Briggs/Johnson and Diane from Twin Peaks.

Ahahahah! Two series I promised myself to see!
We hope to get to 100 like in a hurry. A few weeks ago, I was designing a WEBGUI for AB-Solution, but then I read that you were already planning it.

A few weeks ago, I was designing a WEBGUI for AB-Solution, but then I read that you were already planning it.
How were you planning on using it?
With a separate webserver like nginx/apache or directly in the Asuswrt-Merlin Web UI?

How were you planning on using it?
With a separate webserver like nginx/apache or directly in the Asuswrt-Merlin Web UI?

My intention was to use it with a separate web server. But I do not know if it's a good thing. I was designing the interface through Adobe XD (you will know it safe because it is very "similar" to Sketch).

A really nice thing would be to be able to access through an IP address that the user chooses and will set during the installation of AB-Solution.

Example: 192.168.X.254

Once you type the address, you will have access to the AB-Solution WEBGUI, using a simple graph of a Dashboard Admin in Bootstrap, for example. It would make everything very beautiful and intuitive.

If you want, I try to throw down a drawing as soon as I have time to make you understand better.

Yes, sorry. My comment was unnecessary.
I just never had the need to look into cryptocurrencies. That's why.
No derogatory meaning, just the way I see it. I appreciate you wanting to contribute to AB-Solution in a way you feel comfortable with.
Let me sit down in a quiet moment and reevaluate the situation, I might be too conservative in this matter.

please do.
just as ab-solution and pixlserv-tls give me sovereignty from ads and tracking, so too, does bitcoin (and cryptocurrency) from the financial gatekeepers.

My intention was to use it with a separate web server. But I do not know if it's a good thing. I was designing the interface through Adobe XD (you will know it safe because it is very "similar" to Sketch).

A really nice thing would be to be able to access through an IP address that the user chooses and will set during the installation of AB-Solution.

Example: 192.168.X.254

Once you type the address, you will have access to the AB-Solution WEBGUI, using a simple graph of a Dashboard Admin in Bootstrap, for example. It would make everything very beautiful and intuitive.

If you want, I try to throw down a drawing as soon as I have time to make you understand better.
Thank you, that would be the third offer to build a web interface for AB, the second in Bootstrap.
The "native" WebUI I am building now for AB4.0 comes along very nicely. For now, I'd rather keep details under wrap as a lot can change for the first beta release.

please do.
just as ab-solution and pixlserv-tls give me sovereignty from ads and tracking, so too, does bitcoin (and cryptocurrency) from the financial gatekeepers.
That's a good point I'll take into consideration.

Thank you, that would be the third offer to build a web interface for AB, the second in Bootstrap.
The "native" WebUI I am building now for AB4.0 comes along very nicely. For now, I'd rather keep details under wrap as a lot can change for the first beta release.

Thanks to you for having designed and built this wonderful program.

In fact, my thinking was for the future. The first Realease MUST come out of your hands, of course!

If you like, you can send me a screenshot privately. I love graphics, because I'm a Graphic and Web Designer, you will understand my anxiety in seeing the GUI interface.

Have a nice day!

Yes, sorry. My comment was unnecessary.
I just never had the need to look into cryptocurrencies. That's why.
No derogatory meaning, just the way I see it. I appreciate you wanting to contribute to AB-Solution in a way you feel comfortable with.
Let me sit down in a quiet moment and reevaluate the situation, I might be too conservative in this matter.
I’m in the same boat as TLC. I need to research cryptocurrencies more as well. Never had a need. But Bitcoin seems to be in the news more and more recently, even at my weekly computer club meetings. My VPN provider accepts payment in Bitcoin.

If you like, you can send me a screenshot privately. I love graphics, because I'm a Graphic and Web Designer, you will understand my anxiety in seeing the GUI interface.
I'm as anxious as you are but I take my time with it. No need for rushing anything, AB 3.9.x is stable and practically error free.
My VPN provider accepts payment in Bitcoin.
I file that under things you only notice when made aware of. A frequency illusion, also known as Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.