What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks @butterflybones

One issue, the email.cfg file will not copy nor can I open it.

Any thoughts?

Hello,
Can I use a new DNS 1.1.1.1 with Ab-solutions ? is it good idea ?
Regards
It's so new that no long term data are available if Cloudfare does indeed remove their collected data after 24 hours.
We will find out with the next mea culpa of the big data gatherers.

In WAN/Internet Connection, set "Connect to DNS Server automatically" to No and enter 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 respectively into the DNS Server fields.
See you there.

Hello,
Can I use a new DNS 1.1.1.1 with Ab-solutions ? is it good idea ?
Regards
And for IPv6 use the following setting under IPv6 DNS Setting:
2606:4700:4700::1111
2606:4700:4700::1001

From my location the Cloudflare DNS server pings at 8ms-9ms and for comparison Google and Comcast at 28-30ms. So definitely much faster.

Thelonelycoder, what DNS You use ?
Regards
:cool: I have 5 routers, they all use their own setting: My ISP, Googs, brand spanking new, my neighbours open wifi's ISP, my server hosters DNS over SSH tunnel, my VPN provider, my own local servers, the neighbours most responsive dog (the one that barks).

Or you could just edit the files directly on the router using something like WinSCP.

then run under 'el' menu:

'Show Blacklist.txt or Whitelist.txt Options'
'Sort and Verify' list (menu item 4)
'Process' list (menu item 3)

Feature request: The ability to import and parse multiple IPS / Domains into the blacklist / whitelist separated by one or more spaces; This would allow users to easily import their whitelists and hosts files from their windows and linux machines with zero hassle.
That's easily done with WinSCP or some other editor, like the built in nano.
Imagine what headache of a code I would have to come up to support multiple entries. The el code is already a monster. In fact, I titled it THE MONSTER in AB4:
Code:
# aka THE MONSTER
edit_list(){

I reviewed and reviewed the ab-solution portal and the info app and I don't know how I can add lists in medium+ :(

any help? thanks!

I reviewed and reviewed the ab-solution portal and the info app and I don't know how I can add lists in medium+ :(

any help? thanks!
That option is in b, the blocking file type. Select Custom as the blocking file type and select Medium to pre-fill it.
Then edit /adblocking/custom_files/custom_hosts_list.txt in your favorite text editor, WinSCP is the easiest for the Windows environment to do so.

Remember, only a direct link to hosts files works and the blocking IP in the hosts file MUST be either 127.0.0.0 or 0.0.0.0 for it to work.

That option is in b, the blocking file type. Select Custom as the blocking file type and select Medium to pre-fill it.
Then edit /adblocking/custom_files/custom_hosts_list.txt in your favorite text editor, WinSCP is the easiest for the Windows environment to do so.

Remember, only a direct link to hosts files works and the blocking IP in the hosts file MUST be either 127.0.0.0 or 0.0.0.0 for it to work.

Thanks for your help

after that, the blocking file option changed to custom+

W4IvF6R.png

Is that correct?

I've always had this problem with whatsapp which happens after I haven't used my phone for a while. I get notified by Whatsapp that "You may have new messages." I will have to turn off the WiFi or switch to mobile data before I can see the messages. I disabled this script 3 days ago and Whatsapp notifies me immediately new messages are sent. In fact, I'm sure this is an issue with my WiFi because I use my phone on mobile data everyday for at least 8 hours and don't face this issue.

I've always had this problem with whatsapp which happens after I haven't used my phone for a while. I get notified by Whatsapp that "You may have new messages." I will have to turn off the WiFi or switch to mobile data before I can see the messages. I disabled this script 3 days ago and Whatsapp notifies me immediately new messages are sent. In fact, I'm sure this is an issue with my WiFi because I use my phone on mobile data everyday for at least 8 hours and don't face this issue.

Make sure mtalk.google.com and the equivalent CNAMES are not blocked in the blocking file.

Maybe is a stupid question, but I already searched without finding something.

BACKUP.
I use rsnapshot to backup the external HDD, and I would also backup entware and others scripts configuration.
AB-Solution has the possibility to backup through e-mail, but I can't find a command to simply get the tar.gz archive with the config file (the same which is attached to the e-mail).
I'm looking for a command like SkyNet's firewall debug backup .

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.