What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
many domains are not be blocked despite being found in blocking files. Did restart, cleared cache, etc. Can't figure it out. Some chatter is being blocked but it seems very limited.

many domains are not be blocked despite being found in blocking files. Did restart, cleared cache, etc. Can't figure it out. Some chatter is being blocked but it seems very limited.

This is interesting...on my PC domains are getting blocked (blacklists) when I am on my 2.4ghz SSID but when I switch mp PC to 5.ghz SSID domains are not getting blocked.

Any ideas why?

Last edited:
Getting forum inside of forum adds again. Page can get real slow, to a point where it doesn't work at all. I'm referring to snbforums.

Getting forum inside of forum adds again. Page can get real slow, to a point where it doesn't work at all. I'm referring to snbforums.
Yeah, me too. Forums were offline for some time earlier, with the message "making some changes, back in five minutes". Guessing those changes got us. :(

Hmm no posts by @thelonelycoder since last Sunday it would suggest his personal life is keeping him very busy. Hope everything with him is alright.

Hmm no posts by @thelonelycoder since last Sunday it would suggest his personal life is keeping him very busy. Hope everything with him is alright.

Not my personal, my professional life has taken the upper hand. It will be so for a little while. I’m having challenges, problems and fun at my new Job!

Last edited:
Not my personal, my professional life has taken the upper hand. It will be so for a little while. I’m having challenges, problems and fun at my new Job!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Excellent news!! Glad you are ok and having fun at your new job. Good to hear from you and thanks for checking in with us followers.:cool:

Sorry to be a bother to you @thelonelycoder but snbforums is almost unusable with the forum inside a forum adds. Is there anything we can do?

Sorry to be a bother to you @thelonelycoder but snbforums is almost unusable with the forum inside a forum adds. Is there anything we can do?
I'm not seeing that anymore since I added extra domains to the default whitelist a while ago. Look it up a few pages back I posted the how to and the additional domains.

I'm not seeing that anymore since I added extra domains to the default whitelist a while ago. Look it up a few pages back I posted the how to and the additional domains.
I'm using those additions to white list. It just doesn't seem to work all of the time.

I believe now is a really good time to whitelist additional domains to support smallnetbuilder.com and snbforums.com

To help out, the whitelist needs expanding and your browsers tracking protection needs to be adjusted.

@thiggins (Tim Higgins) has been very supportive and understanding towards what my ad-blocking solution does to his revenue. I have included a default whitelist in AB-Solution from the beginning to support his two websites.
Now is the time to adjust to a new reality or face the consequences.

1. Whitelist change
For new AB-Solution installations I have expanded the default whitelist to additionally include a tracking site (pagead2.googlesyndication.com) and additional Amazon domains.

The old whitelist contained these entries:
Code:
ad2.netshelter.net
assets.omidoo.com
flashtalking.com
servedby.flashtalking.com
tgdaily.com
tgdaily.net
vma.tgdaily.com
vma.tgdaily.net
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
The new default whitelist for new installs is now expanded and adds helpful comments to distinguish why they are added:
Code:
aax-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
aax-us-east.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ad2.netshelter.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
assets.omidoo.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
flashtalking.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
fls-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ir-uk.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
pagead2.googlesyndication.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
servedby.flashtalking.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
tgdaily.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
tgdaily.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
vma.tgdaily.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
vma.tgdaily.net # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
wms-na.assoc-amazon.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ws-eu.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com # whitelisted for smallnetbuilder.com

For existing AB-Solution installations these would have to be added manually, either by using the el option and add one domain by one to it or by opening the /adblocking/whitelist.txt file with a text editor and paste the above list into it. To avoid duplicates while manually pasting, remove the old (uncommented) list entries first and paste the complete new list into it.
There's also a "Sort and verify whitelist" option in el that does this automatically, but it may remove the commented double when done so.

For the expanded whitelist to take effect, run el option "Process whitelist". This will also auto-update the shared-AB-whitelist and run a refresh of Skynet if it is installed on your router.

2. Browser change
In your browser, whitelist smallnetbuilder.com and snbforums.com in the Tracking protection settings. Or disable tracking protection entirely.
If you have DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials installed as an addon in your browser, add smallnetbuilder.com and snbforums.com to its whitelist.

If you have in-browser ad-blocking installed, such as uBlock origin or Adblock Plus, whitelist smallnetbuilder.com and snbforums.com in it.

You may have to restart your browser and clear the DNS cache of your operating system for these changes to take effect.
To clear the DNS cache in Windows, enter the following into a command prompt:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
@thelonelycoder I have these in my white list and have had since you released that post. I'm just saying the same issues are back minus the banner from Tim.
EDIT: This does not happen all the time. When it does have trouble reloading the page it is crippling the website.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I own a Asus RT-AC87U and I see merlin finally released the 384 FW for my model as well. I'm currently still running legacy FW 380.69 together with AMTM v1.1, AB-Solution v3.11.1 , Skynet v5.8.5 and pixelserv-tls v2.0.1-rc4

I want to bring everything up-to-date, but have no idea how to best approach this because I need to do a firmware reset to go from 380 to the current 384 FW branch.

I plan to take screenshots from all my current settings in the asus web GUI, but does this mean i need to reinstall all scripts (ab-solution, skynet, etc as well?)
I also read somewhere in the forum that the new pixelserv version stores it cert in RAM instead of the JFFS partition. Does this mean that by resetting the router or updating the scripts I need to generate a new certificate and reinstall it to all clients?

Can you guys help me with the steps I need to take and push me in the right direction :) or maybe someone already posted this or there's a FAQ online somewhere?

I would love to keep this awesome setup with all your great scripts :)

Thanks alot!

Hey guys, I own a Asus RT-AC87U and I see merlin finally released the 384 FW for my model as well. I'm currently still running legacy FW 380.69 together with AMTM v1.1, AB-Solution v3.11.1 , Skynet v5.8.5 and pixelserv-tls v2.0.1-rc4

I want to bring everything up-to-date, but have no idea how to best approach this because I need to do a firmware reset to go from 380 to the current 384 FW branch.

I plan to take screenshots from all my current settings in the asus web GUI, but does this mean i need to reinstall all scripts (ab-solution, skynet, etc as well?)
I also read somewhere in the forum that the new pixelserv version stores it cert in RAM instead of the JFFS partition. Does this mean that by resetting the router or updating the scripts I need to generate a new certificate and reinstall it to all clients?

Can you guys help me with the steps I need to take and push me in the right direction :) or maybe someone already posted this or there's a FAQ online somewhere?

I would love to keep this awesome setup with all your great scripts :)

Thanks alot!

Skynet/AB-Solution will heal themselves if they detect a previous installation on the USB, you will just need to download the main files again to execute (assuming you update to the latest f/w and wipe the nvram). Pixelserv's certs are also stored on the USB so this shouldn't be an issue.

i am installed ab-solution in ac86u, but after upgrade to 384.5 test build, it is not working, I and the router dns to opendns, pc to router lan ip. not ads filtered.

i am installed ab-solution in ac86u, but after upgrade to 384.5 test build, it is not working, I and the router dns to opendns, pc to router lan ip. not ads filtered.

You need to add the Opendns IPs in the WAN/DNS Server fields, NOT the LAN/DNS Server settings. Then Ab-Solution will work again.

You need to add the Opendns IPs in the WAN/DNS Server fields, NOT the LAN/DNS Server settings. Then Ab-Solution will work again.

I do, I set the opendsn in the wan, leave the lan dhcp dns blank or lan ip is not work
it was work. reformat the jffs, reinstall entware, reinstall ab-solution still not work,

Skynet/AB-Solution will heal themselves if they detect a previous installation on the USB, you will just need to download the main files again to execute (assuming you update to the latest f/w and wipe the nvram). Pixelserv's certs are also stored on the USB so this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your reply Adamm, is it better to update the scripts before flashing the firmware or doesnt that matter?

@thelonelycoder does this apply to AMTM as well?

Thanks for your reply Adamm, is it better to update the scripts before flashing the firmware or doesnt that matter?

@thelonelycoder does this apply to AMTM as well?
Doesn't matter you can update these scripts anytime before or after the flash of firmware..amtm doesn't need to be reinstalled either if you don't format /jffs during your update. In the webui you can backup the jffs this works real well. Then if somehow your jffs(where your scripts are held) gets erased you can restore it.

This is interesting...on my PC domains are getting blocked (blacklists) when I am on my 2.4ghz SSID but when I switch mp PC to 5.ghz SSID domains are not getting blocked.

Any ideas why?
This happens to me as well. Can’t figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.