What's new

AC66 rate issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alz

New Around Here
I have strange issue with RT-AC66U router.
I make connection to the router using onboard Broadcom BCM4352 AC adaptor with latest drivers.
Band is 5GHz. I’ve turned off 2.4 radios.
Connection rate is 866 RX and 468 TX. It’s OK.
But, If I turn my PC of or just disable and enable the onboard adapter for tens of minutes then rate of new connection is 175/175 sometimes 243/175.
Short disconnect (reboot of the PC) doesn't have the issue.
I found only one solution – execute this command “wl -i eth2 down ; wl -i eth2 up”.
After the command execution connection rate become normal.
IS there solution for the problem?

And second question.

My RX rate 866 and TX 486 sometimes 350. During my "games" with other firmware I saw dd-wrt speed was 866/866.
After some investigation I believe I found problem.
wl -I eth2 5g_rate set to auto. It cause low rate.
After I executed command wl -i eth2 5g_rate -v 7x2 -b 80 -l -g I got speed 866 RX /650. Data transmission on the new rate is absolutely stable. I suppose dd-wrt change something else to make auto mode work fast using high speed modulation scheme. You and Tomato firmware use MCS 4 or 5 and for some reason turn off short guard interval that result 350 to 468 TX rate.

Sorry for my English.

Last edited:
I know this is almost 4 years old... but I can't find anything closer to my issue. What is the model of that Broadcom BCM4352 AC adaptor?
I am having what I think might be an issue with an ASUS USB-AC56 adaptor "AC1300". My ASUS AC-3200 (5Ghz band) with latest Merlin says about its rate: RX 866, TX fluctuates but never over 468.
I am wondering if this asymmetry is normal. With samba I get 11MB/s from Router to PC and 26MB/s from PC to Router.
The adaptor box says: 867/400Mbps (5 Ghz/2.4 Ghz) but no references to Rx or Tx.
I have looked for hours on google and here and can't find an answer. I may create a thread.
Thanks.

TX fluctuates but never over 468.

Sent you a pm, but eventually decided to reply to the thread as well (even though it is old as you mentioned) if somebody finds it useful.

Try these instructions and drivers:
http://www.danletsinger.com/blog/20...-updating-to-windows-10-creators-update-fixed

The Tx Rate may fluctuate, but I think you should see at least 526.5, 585 or 650 Mbps rates if the distance is not too long.

edit: And I have read that it is better not to use ASUS USB-AC56 Utility 2.1.1.5 For Windows (https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBAC56/helpdesk_download/) at all with Windows 10.

Last edited: