What's new

amtm amtm 4.9 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, June 30, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't use the scheduler.
Screenshot_2024-06-22-20-40-32-98_96079702262017ccfd2f2f70f93088e6.jpg

This is after a reboot. I'd expect the LEDs to be off. Not so

amtm 4.8.1 is now available

- Modifies ipset test for Skynet preventing installation on *BE9x routers. Thanks @Adamm for the update.
- Any further modifications for this firmware/models branch will have to wait until firmware is released for my GT-BE98.

This is after a reboot. I'd expect the LEDs to be off. Not so
When LED control is disabled it turns the LEDs on. This has always been the case.

amtm 4.9 is now available
  • Adds support for 3006.x firmware: GT-BE98 (by @GNUton) and RT-BE96U, GT-BE98_PRO (by @RMerlin).
  • Shows correct firmware version in header for new models.
  • LED control lc compatibility with new models. 3006.x firmware models switch AURA lighting on and off if enabled with the changed option to use Night Mode when switched on.

amtm 4.9 is now available
  • Adds support for 3006.x firmware: GT-BE98 (by @GNUton) and RT-BE96U, GT-BE98_PRO (by @RMerlin).
  • Shows correct firmware version in header for new models.
  • LED control lc compatibility with new models. 3006.x firmware models switch AURA lighting on and off if enabled with the changed option to use Night Mode when switched on.
Minor (does not affect functionality) issue with amtm reporting that new firmware version is available:
Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 10.43.55.png

Minor (does not affect functionality) issue with amtm reporting that new firmware version is available:
Please post output of these:
Code:
nvram get webs_state_info
echo $(nvram get buildno).$(nvram get extendno)

Please post output of these:
Code:
nvram get webs_state_info
echo $(nvram get buildno).$(nvram get extendno)

I can confirm this behavior:

1719760948738.png

Output below:

Code:
Admin@GT-BE98_Pro-DE30:/tmp/home/root# nvram get webs_state_info
3006_102_1_0

Code:
Admin@GT-BE98_Pro-DE30:/tmp/home/root# echo $(nvram get buildno).$(nvram get extendno)

Checking MerlinAU, I can also confirm no updates are actually available :)

I can confirm this behavior:

View attachment 59888

Output below:

Code:
Admin@GT-BE98_Pro-DE30:/tmp/home/root# nvram get webs_state_info
3006_102_1_0

Code:
Admin@GT-BE98_Pro-DE30:/tmp/home/root# echo $(nvram get buildno).$(nvram get extendno)

Checking MerlinAU, I can also confirm no updates are actually available :)
Thanks, I see now where it comes from.

Updating to 4.9 was presented with a "wlcsm" message, which just hung there. After about 30 seconds the "panel showing following data" closed back to the SSH prompt.
amtm 4.9 FW by thelonelycoder
ASUS GT-AXE16000 HW: aarch64 Kernel: 4.19.183
FW: 3004.388.7 IP address: 192.168.50.1
Operation Mode: Wireless router
_wlcsm_create_nl_socket:268: pid:4253 binding netlink socket error!!!
Activated AMTM, now 4.9, everything seems fine.

That’s someone else’s software causing that while you updated. Nothing in amtm does anything like that as far as I know.

Updating to 4.9 was presented with a "wlcsm" message, which just hung there. After about 30 seconds the "panel showing following data" closed back to the SSH prompt.
amtm 4.9 FW by thelonelycoder
ASUS GT-AXE16000 HW: aarch64 Kernel: 4.19.183
FW: 3004.388.7 IP address: 192.168.50.1
Operation Mode: Wireless router
Activated AMTM, now 4.9, everything seems fine.
Oh, it is someone else’s bug:

I thought the automated LED scheduler had gone haywire after updating to 4.9 when I woke up (well before sunrise, unfortunately) and my router's LEDs were on, but going into the settings and checking the scheduler for my city (Sydney, ASXX0112), it appears the schedule is out by three hours, with sunrise at 4am instead of 7am. The sunset time is correct. I'm assuming this is a server error from weather.com?