What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No, it doesn't remove anything, it just prints that message.

Maybe I would need to run the script differently, so Diversion and AMTM doesn't see it as a swapfile that doesn't exist. Any recommendation?
amtm 2.3 will now honor your original post-mount entry for your swap partition. You may undo the posted changes made over in the Diversion thread.

Edit: Diversion will follow soon with the same capability.

Last edited:
This is something I've noticed in the disk check log, and after rebooting etc., I still get the same message in the log. I tried to update e2fsck with opkg which completed, still get this message. No big deal.
Code:
Sat May 25 10:19:09 HST 2019 Waited 4s for NTP to sync date
 Sat May 25 10:19:09 HST 2019 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1
 Running disk check v2.3, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
 /dev/sda1 has unsupported feature(s): metadata_csum
 e2fsck: Get a newer version of e2fsck!
 Sat May 25 10:19:09 HST 2019 Disk check done on /dev/sda1
Just wondering if there is a way to clean it up, thanks.

This is something I've noticed in the disk check log, and after rebooting etc., I still get the same message in the log. I tried to update e2fsck with opkg which completed, still get this message. No big deal.
Code:
Sat May 25 10:19:09 HST 2019 Waited 4s for NTP to sync date
 Sat May 25 10:19:09 HST 2019 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1
 Running disk check v2.3, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
 /dev/sda1 has unsupported feature(s): metadata_csum
 e2fsck: Get a newer version of e2fsck!
 Sat May 25 10:19:09 HST 2019 Disk check done on /dev/sda1
Just wondering if there is a way to clean it up, thanks.
Disk check relies 100% on system binaries. e2fsck or whatever command is run for the disk check is made available through the firmware. Entware packages are of no use since the disk is unmounted at the time the check runs.

You did not format the disk with amtm, right?

Disk check relies 100% on system binaries. e2fsck or whatever command is run for the disk check is made available through the firmware. Entware packages are of no use since the disk is unmounted at the time the check runs.

You did not format the disk with amtm, right?
Correct I used gparted because formatting with amtm or the webgui failed, probably because the stick is a crappy 8G PNY, was my guess, idk.

amtm 2.3 will now honor your original post-mount entry for your swap partition. You may undo the posted changes made over in the Diversion thread.

Edit: Diversion will follow soon with the same capability.
Excellent, thank you. Already updated.

It's working perfectly, except for a warning of fstab not being present:

BykmFCa.png

Just updated, many thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How long does it take your router via ssh to run:
Code:
nslookup raw.githubusercontent.com
If it’s not instantaneous, what is in /etc/resolv.conf?

Good call. That nslookup command is not instantaneous.

The contents of /etc/resolv.conf contain my ISP's two main name servers and 'nameserver 127.0.1.1' at the end.

I don't think I've entered their two name servers anywhere in the router GUI.

Any suggestions?

The contents of /etc/resolv.conf contain my ISP's two main name servers and 'nameserver 127.0.1.1' at the end.

Any suggestions?
Try this.

screenshot-router-asus-com-8443-2019-05-25-17-31-45.png

/etc/resolve.conf
Code:
:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/resolv.conf 
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 1.0.0.1
nameserver 127.0.1.1

Any suggestions?
They would be from WAN DNS being set to Automatic versus manual. Any logical reason they should be slow from your router/location? Pick a fast DNS server and try again.

If that doesn’t work, there’s a member of the forums that might suggest you do a M&M config of your router.

Try this.

screenshot-router-asus-com-8443-2019-05-25-17-31-45.png

/etc/resolve.conf
Code:
:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 1.0.0.1
nameserver 127.0.1.1

Fixed! :)

Did I not follow the proper instructions then to enable DoT in the RMerlin firmware?

Should the Connect to DNS Servers not be on automatic?

They would be from WAN DNS being set to Automatic versus manual. Any logical reason they should be slow from your router/location? Pick a fast DNS server and try again.

If that doesn’t work, there’s a member of the forums that might suggest you do a M&M config of your router.

That other member that is always suggesting an M&M Config does say that when it seems that all other options are exhausted. Glad I have you and Butterfly Bones as my sharp friends to save me from that dreaded M&M Config. For now. :D

Did I not follow the proper instructions then to enable DoT in the RMerlin firmware?

DoT is probably setup correctly, but the setting “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver” determines whether the router will use dnsmasq (with DoT if enabled), or WAN DNS (non-DoT).

upload_2019-5-25_19-52-6.png

upload_2019-5-25_19-52-41.png

and:

Code:
@RT-AX88U-29F0:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 1.0.0.1
nameserver 127.0.1.1

Not sure, really. I have used other DNS than my ISP for years. I do everything I can to avoid contact with my ISP as much as possible. When the DoT built in option came available, I just did the basic config that same as I always have, adding the same servers under the DoT options. It has worked perfectly so fat. Even my hard code devices like smart TV now show default nameservers as 192.168.1.1! :D ;)

DoT is probably setup correctly, but the setting “Wan: Use local caching DNS server as system resolver” determines whether the router will use dnsmasq (with DoT if enabled), or WAN DNS (non-DoT).

Where do I find that setting? I cannot see it on my RT-AC86U with RMerlin 384.12 Alpha 1.

Excellent, thank you. Already updated.

It's working perfectly, except for a warning of fstab not being present:

BykmFCa.png
Fixed with this push, thanks for reporting! Your swap partition appears not to be active, or else it would show up in amtm. Check with this command:
Code:
cat /proc/swaps
It'll show the active partition similar to this:
Code:
Filename   Type       Size   Used   Priority
/dev/sdb2   partition   2054136   0       -4

amtm 2.3 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.3
- Bug fixes and code improvements
- Basic Swap partition support added, supporting fstab or post-mount entry
- Improved logic for regular swap file detection and (auto) management
- Disk check version 2.3: Added NTP timer (with timeout), disk check log now shows correct time stamp
- Better disk check log format
Edit: - Swap file/partition size is now shown

How to update
Use u to update
Many thanks for including the ntp sync check before disk-check - great to have the log now recording the correct check dates and time - and fully enjoy the extra detail in the log [like waited 2 seconds for time to sync] :D {thumbs-Up}

Fixed with this push, thanks for reporting! Your swap partition appears not to be active, or else it would show up in amtm. Check with this command:
Code:
cat /proc/swaps
It'll show the active partition similar to this:
Code:
Filename   Type       Size   Used   Priority
/dev/sdb2   partition   2054136   0       -4
Thank you again. The swap partition is active:
ivoSlQp.jpg

AQZgndF.jpg

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!