What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's quite an understatement... ;)

(so much red - instead of blue, in my case)
Yes, my poor eyesight needs the basic theme(s). I will hold off upgrading for now.
Gentle as in "requires some patience by the user". The theme changes in Diversion are significant compared to amtm.
Mr. Bones of the Butterfly species will gently nod when it's out.

amtm 2.2 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.2
- Bug fixes
- su (Check for script updates) now includes checking for amtm updates
- j5 is now supported by amtm. You guessed right, this is uiDivStats by @Jack Yaz.
- Gentle theme change. All amtm installations will use the default built in standard theme until the next version of Diversion is released.

Use u to update amtm

(No screen shot available at this time)
Some may want to hold off. The white on green in MobaXterm SSH session is not very readable. The white menu option gets washed out in the bright green background.

Some may want to hold off. The white on green in MobaXterm SSH session is not very readable. The white menu option gets washed out in the bright green background.
Sounds like a personal problem :) just run a different theme in a session or so

Sounds like a personal problem :) just run a different theme in a session or so
I would need to use another SSH client. I can work around it for now. It is more readable when enlarging the sreen pic in the post though.

upload_2019-5-15_6-30-47.png

Some of us have solutions. Regular x-term profile.

Screenshot-at-2019-05-14-16-49-47.png

With right mouse click I can change to my amtm profile, especially useful with using (f)ollow dnsmasq log in Diversion. :p

Screenshot-at-2019-05-14-16-50-09.png

I would need to use another SSH client. I can work around it for now. It is more readable when enlarging the sreen pic in the post though.

View attachment 17634
Desktop monitors have settings to adjust brightness and contrast.

Teaches me not to upgrade before checking the changelog.

Attachments

• 20190515_134341.jpg
    20190515_134341.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 323
Teaches me not to upgrade before checking the changelog.
I had a jffs backup from 11-May and restored from it. One of the files I had been working on was cached in MobaXterm cache directory on my hard drive. So I restored from it. I was also able to update my current development project repo from GitHub. I'm back in business.

It was a good reminder to backup jffs before updating scripts.

I'm not sure why so many are having issues with the v2.2 of amtm and the UI?

I have not seen any changes on any router I have updated so far (about a dozen).

That’s it. Hobson’s choice of theme. I find the red theme difficult to read. That’s why I had set Diversion to ‘blue on white’. I find it easier on my eyes.

The functionality of amtm cannot be faulted IMHO and I am not criticising it as such, just the current red theme. I’m sure it will be sorted in due course.

Alright, I hear you all complaining about the forced amtm default theme. Looks like I had one job and failed at it miserably.
The change to force all to the default theme is unavoidable since the current Diversion themes no longer work with amtm v2.2 and later.
I had to make the cut at one point and that point is now.
Selected themes in amtm will return with the next Diversion update.

I have pushed an update for amtm to default to the basic theme, just as it did in the earlier days.
No version change.

Use u to update amtm

Alright, I hear you all complaining about the forced amtm default theme. Looks like I had one job and failed at it miserably.
The change to force all to the default theme is unavoidable since the current Diversion themes no longer work with amtm v2.2 and later.

I have pushed an update for amtm to default to the basic theme, just as it did in the earlier days.
No version change.

Use u to update amtm

I must be missing something? What wasn't working before? This update looks pretty bare now. :(

@thelonelycoder, I'm not complaining. I know how hard it must be to keep everyone happy.

Just trying to understand these changes (which, this latest update is the only thing I actually noticed it on).

I must be missing something? What wasn't working before? This update looks pretty bare now. :(

@thelonelycoder, I'm not complaining. I know how hard it must be to keep everyone happy.

Just trying to understand these changes (which, this latest update is the only thing I actually noticed it on).

You were probably using the default color scheme previously on all your devices already thus when the change was enforced for everyone you didn't notice anything since you were already using the same color scheme.

Should include the option to toggle the theme, i liked it!

amtm never have a theme manager of its own, it was simply using the default color scheme of Diversion to decide the color scheme but the latest amtm version is not compatible with current Diversion themes and probably a future Diversion update will fix it.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!