What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anyway... scribe: does one need entware installed, or does the script simply install what it needs? I can't seem to find any indication one way or another, but I'm leaning towards the implication that entware needs to be installed. is that correct?
Ooops, good point, I need to add that to the 1st post in the scribe thread. The GitHub page (https://github.com/cynicastic/scribe) states it, but it should be here too.

The funny thing about that is I have a username there because of a question I asked of a dev/team. I had an experienced coder friend assist me with that, and he let me choose my own username: npmstart_pray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not scared of GitHub! I just know it is made for people much smarter than myself. :D

Is there a more in depth explanation somewhere, as to why DNScrypt and Stubby have been depricated in AMTM?

Thanks

Because stubby is included natively in the latest Merlin firmware release.

I like the NTP check in the disk-check script but the ntptimeout isn't long enough for me on mine RT-AX88U. It's always saying in the disk-check log:
"NPT timeout (30s) reached, date is router default"

Increased the ntptimeout to 300 seconds to see what happens.
Now it's working, but it takes quite a while (Around 88 seconds to sync)
What's causing this and are there more people who are having the same problem? I'm running a lot of scripts (Diversion, Skynet, connmon, ntpmerlin, spdmerlin, uiDivStats, FreshJR_QOS, YA-Malwareblock, MartineauUK's ChkWAN, Netdata and some other small sripts) and have DoT and 2 VPN Servers running in the firmware.
It's not a big issue but maybe there is something wrong in my setup or it has to do with the startup time.

Thanks in advance.....

I like the NTP check in the disk-check script but the ntptimeout isn't long enough for me on mine RT-AX88U. It's always saying in the disk-check log:
"NPT timeout (30s) reached, date is router default"

Increased the ntptimeout to 300 seconds to see what happens.
Now it's working, but it takes quite a while (Around 88 seconds to sync)
What's causing this and are there more people who are having the same problem? I'm running a lot of scripts (Diversion, Skynet, connmon, ntpmerlin, spdmerlin, uiDivStats, FreshJR_QOS, YA-Malwareblock, MartineauUK's ChkWAN, Netdata and some other small sripts) and have DoT and 2 VPN Servers running in the firmware.
It's not a big issue but maybe there is something wrong in my setup or it has to do with the startup time.

Thanks in advance.....
The Asuswrt-Merlin timeout for user scripts (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/User-scripts) is 120 seconds. Your timeout of 300 secs will not work past this (only four our own good) limit.

And @spanjap Running both Skynet and YA-Malwareblock is not a good idea. Remove the latter, Skynet does a better job at that, especially with Diversion installed.

Cool that Mr. "Cloud9" jumps in on the chance to answer questions and clarify stuff about Quad9. All this while at an airport and googling his name.
The Cloudflare guy jumped in there too. I don't care how they found us, but glad they did.

The Cloudflare guy jumped in there too. I don't care how they found us, but glad they did.
Ah, didn't read after the first day or so, was busy with other stuff.

Speaking of being busy, I had an idea last Thursday night.

This might come in handy when next formatting a USB device.
Available on a router near you in the not so far future:

XUA0vLE.png

Options include these, even leaving partition unformatted is supported, though not available for first partition:

A03MYiQ.png

Speaking of being busy, I had an idea last Thursday night.

This might come in handy when next formatting a USB device.
Available on a router near you in the not so far future:

XUA0vLE.png

Options include these, even leaving partition unformatted is supported, though not available for first partition:

A03MYiQ.png
Wherever possible, I always appreciate seeing “(recommended)” against an option.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!