What's new

ANNOUNCEMENT: Asuswrt-Merlin support underway for 3 Wifi 7 routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is possible that merlin supports RT-BE88U?
Please see the very post post of the thread:
Just to reiterate: don't ask for any ETA on availability, or for support for other models. 3006.102.1 will only support these three models, and we will re-evaluate things after that realease is finalized on any other potential device to support. These must be picked in collaboration with Asus as GPL code and device samples (in the case of new devices) are necessary for each individual model.
And see the third post from the [FAQ] READ ME FIRST before posting a question stickied/tacked post from this subforum:
Q: Will you add support for model XYZ?
A: The decision whether or not to support a new model depend on a long list of factors, which may evolve over time. Right now:

- It needs to be Broadcom-based
- It needs to be widely available (not just in two or three countries)
- It needs to have high-end hardware so I don't have to fight with lack of flash or RAM
- It needs to receive frequent enough GPLs so I won't have to regularly skip it due to the GPL being outdated
- I need to have one
- I need to have the time to try supporting it
- I need to have the motivation to try supporting it

Each new model requires its own dedicated support. That means every time I work on a new firmware release, I have to work on each separate model, and I need GPL releases from Asus for each individual model, and I need to merge each of them separately. So that means if I support 10 different routers, then I need to merge in the content of 10 different GPL releases, and these need to be close enough to one another to still be compatible. The more models I support, the harder this is to accomplish, therefore I am VERY conservative regarding adding any new model.

So don't ask if/when a new model will be supported. I cannot speculate about future model support, and until I have working support for a model, I cannot answer that question.

If my GT-BE9001_ProPlus with dual redundant fax ports isn't supported, I'm outta here!! 😡

GT-BE98 user here,

Sorry if this was asked before, where am i supposed to find gnuton's version for my router ?

Keep in mind I'm not sure it's ready yet for that model

Edit: I just checked the discord and couldn't find a release for that model yet.

Gnuton hasn't released any test build for the GT-BE98 as he still has some code merges to do. However it shouldn't be much longer now before he can make one available, barring any unforeseen issues.

Gnuton hasn't released any test build for the GT-BE98 as he still has some code merges to do. However it shouldn't be much longer now before he can make one available, barring any unforeseen issues.
Patiently waiting for it too. It’s more like a - beautiful big and overpowered - test router paperweight for me at the moment.

The GT-BE98 cannot be sold in North America
seems really stupid as that is a direct upgrade to the gt-axe16000 and still a desirable combination of bands for those of us who are still using 5g and not 6g (especially due to no support in windows 10)

any chance can get RT-BE88U to used this firmware

Good chance. More information here: