What's new

Asus GT-BE98 Pro and Merlin, no internet when VPN disabled

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jbilodea

Occasional Visitor
I have a new GT-BE98 Pro. I immediately installed Merlin and configured VPN (both Wireguard and OpenVPN). Since then, the VPN has to be enable for the internet to work on all my devices. As soon as I disabled the VPN using VPN director then no device has access to the internet. But the router says that internet is connected.

Seems to me that it is a firmware problem. The exact same configuration was working fine on GT-AX11000.

Any idea ?

Do you have the kill switch enabled? The kill switch is now PERSISTENT even if the VPN client is disabled/OFF.

WOW I had to remove killswitch from ALL my configurations to make it works when i disable one vpn !

Does not make sense to me but thank you my friend.

I solved the problem by adding an entry in the VPN Director to give access to all IP under this VPN and it is like DISABLING VPN. I enable it when i want to disable VPN LOL. Weird but it works.
1724458317268.png