What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5656

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should I update or should I go now?

http://youtu.be/GqH21LEmfbQ

More or less is there anyone else who has re downloaded this firmware? Thinking I'm going to wait for an official Merlin build this time around.

Should I update or should I go now?

Unless there's a specific issue with your current firmware, there's no need to update. If what you have works, then relax and enjoy it.

Are the ipv6 fixes in this version ones that correct the neighbor overflow messages on comast?

Are the ipv6 fixes in this version ones that correct the neighbor overflow messages on comast?

No but the latest Merlin build corrects it. 374.41. We can only hope comcast fixes this or Asus implements Merlins fix in there later builds. And keep in mind the fix only stops the errors from being reported by the log it does not fix the issue itself. That can only be addressed by comcast and right now they dont seem to really care and are still blaming Asus for the problem. :mad:

Last edited:
No but the latest Merlin build corrects it. 374.41. We can only hope comcast fixes this or Asus implements Merlins fix in there later builds. And keep in mind the fix only stops the errors from being reported by the log it does not fix the issue itself. That can only be addressed by comcast and right now they dont seem to really care and are still blaming Asus for the problem. :mad:

Actually it does more than just suppress the log entries. It prevents the tables from getting filled by these bogus packets.

Hi all,

EMFBI but I'm wondering if anyone can help. Thanks to this firmware I'm getting random wifi drops I *NEVER* experienced before on my Thinkpad T420s with wifi-N and a Dell Vostro 1520 also with wifi-N. Security is WPA2-Personal w/AES, auto channel, 2.4ghz. Win 7 on all machines.

Usually don't update the firmware with EVERY release, I wait until there's a problem or reason to do so and update then, but the damn web UI was nagging me something fierce about the latest release, and not wanting to expose myself to undue risks, I updated. Think my prior one was two or three revs old.

Any ideas?

TIA

-kj-

kjarrett, did you delete or 'forget' the profiles on each client and then re-associate them to the router?

Or, better yet, did you do a full reset to factory defaults after you flashed to the new firmware and then manually setup the router (don't restore a saved config file) along with the recommended first step above? Or you can simply choose a new ssid to ensure that the old driver's micro settings are not interfering with the new driver in the latest firmware.

If you haven't done these steps, it is easy to see your older firmware settings possibly interfering with the new options the latest firmware may have.

Time Machine Broken after upgrade to .5656

Time Machine seems to be broken after the upgrade to 5656.

I have a 4TB USB3 drive connected to the router. The drive has 2 partitions - 2TB used for Samba storage and 2TB for Time Machine backups.

Everything was working correctly prior to the upgrade to FW 5656. Post-upgrade, the Time Machine partition is still 'visible' from within Time Machine preferences, however, initially I received a 'disk ID has changed' notification and no previous backups were visible. All subsequent backup attempts have failed.

The system log on the router reports a 'cannot create folder' error. I have tried disabling/re-enabling the time machine service on the router and have reset read/write permissions as well with no success.

Hi all,

EMFBI but I'm wondering if anyone can help. Thanks to this firmware I'm getting random wifi drops I *NEVER* experienced before on my Thinkpad T420s with wifi-N and a Dell Vostro 1520 also with wifi-N. Security is WPA2-Personal w/AES, auto channel, 2.4ghz. Win 7 on all machines.

Usually don't update the firmware with EVERY release, I wait until there's a problem or reason to do so and update then, but the damn web UI was nagging me something fierce about the latest release, and not wanting to expose myself to undue risks, I updated. Think my prior one was two or three revs old.

Any ideas?

TIA

-kj-

Start with turning off UPNP and Beam forming. The beam forming messes with some adapters.

kjarrett, did you delete or 'forget' the profiles on each client and then re-associate them to the router?

Or, better yet, did you do a full reset to factory defaults after you flashed to the new firmware and then manually setup the router (don't restore a saved config file) along with the recommended first step above? Or you can simply choose a new ssid to ensure that the old driver's micro settings are not interfering with the new driver in the latest firmware.

If you haven't done these steps, it is easy to see your older firmware settings possibly interfering with the new options the latest firmware may have.

Thanks. Tried deleting/recreating the client profiles. Had a disconnect within minutes. So that's not it.

Will try a hard reset / flash / manual config and report back.

-kj-

Beam forming can be found by clicking the wireless tab then professional scroll down and there it is.

Beam forming can be found by clicking the wireless tab then professional scroll down and there it is.

Feeling pretty stupid. Can't see it. Screenshots @ 2.4 & 5 ghz:

amxl53.jpg

20k67th.jpg

Strange you are on the 68U with Asus 5656 firmware ?? sorry for the poor quality pic, but as you can see beam forming is at the bottom just above TX power adjust.

Attachments

• AC68U beamforming.jpg
    AC68U beamforming.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
66u & 3.0.0.4.374_5517

Ok i am sorry i gave you bad information only because the topic of this thread is ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5656. I am not sure the 66U supports beam forming. Maybe someone that knows more will comment. Also it would help if you posted N66U or AC66U.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!