What's new

ASUS RT-BE92U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well I was a bit unlucky with it being out of stock and will still be waiting for what I have ordered so

Yes, I would have liked to buy from another website, but they do not deliver to Sweden as they have few in stock and you live in the UK, so you will probably have better luck ordering from this site

I just got the RT-BE92U set up, and I can get full Gigabit speeds through two walls with MLO, whereas on the GT-AX1100, my speeds maxed out at about 450mbps at the same location.

For the owners out there, does the initial firmware from Asus seems stable for this router? Any unexpected operation happening with the router?

I don't think there are many owners since it was only recently put up for purchase at Best Buy on October 7th. The firmware shipped with the router does not have the MLO feature, while the latest firmware update from 9/30 supports MLO. So far, the router has been stable.

I just got the RT-BE92U set up, and I can get full Gigabit speeds through two walls with MLO, whereas on the GT-AX1100, my speeds maxed out at about 450mbps at the same location.
Great result, I'm happy to say I have the BE86U and I get full gigabit speeds through two walls too. Actually almost get full speeds downstairs one floor which I'm really impressed with. MLO certainly seems to massively benefit the 5GHz band too.

Edit: Take that back, I get full speeds one floor down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241019-132656.png
    Screenshot_20241019-132656.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
You can get better Spatial Diversity and Beamforming when using only one 2x2 client. Also, a 4x4 can handle two 2x2 clients simultaneously. Whereas a 2x2 can only handle one client at 2x2.
So which is better ? I plan to get a WiFi 7 2x2 even though all my devices are AC

So which is better ? I plan to get a WiFi 7 2x2 even though all my devices are AC
As far as I understand the explanation, a 4x4 AP is better than a 2x2 AP. Because you can get better Spatial Diversity and Beamforming and it can also handle two 2x2 clients at once.
Also keep in mind that WiFi 7 doesn't just use 6GHz, but also 2.4GHz and 5GHz, so you may get better performance with 4x4 2.4GHz and 4x4 5GHz instead of 3x3 2.4GHz, 2x2 5GHz, and 2x2 6GHz.
Also, if all your devices are AC, they'll be able to get better performance with more 2.4GHz and 5GHz antennas because they won't be using the 6GHz ones.

I would also consider how many walls are between the AP and the connected device. 6GHz will have a weaker signal than 5GHz when connecting through obstruction. For my personal use case, I only care about getting gigabit speeds on my desktop PC and, therefore, don't mind that the RT-BE92U only has a 2x2 5GHz and 2x2 6GHz antenna. Also, I live in NYC, and there are 20+ APs around me, so it was actually better to get a router with 6GHz radio since that is not as crowded as 5GHz.

Great result, I'm happy to say I have the BE86U and I get full gigabit speeds through two walls too. Actually almost get full speeds downstairs one floor which I'm really impressed with. MLO certainly seems to massively benefit the 5GHz band too.

Edit: Take that back, I get full speeds one floor down.
I'm glad you only need the 5GHz + 2.4GHz bands on MLO to get full speed. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have gotten me full speed since the 5GHz band is overcrowded where I live, and I can't use the DFS channels because I live close enough to Laguardia Airport.

As far as I understand the explanation, a 4x4 AP is better than a 2x2 AP. Because you can get better Spatial Diversity and Beamforming and it can also handle two 2x2 clients at once.
Also keep in mind that WiFi 7 doesn't just use 6GHz, but also 2.4GHz and 5GHz, so you may get better performance with 4x4 2.4GHz and 4x4 5GHz instead of 3x3 2.4GHz, 2x2 5GHz, and 2x2 6GHz.
Also, if all your devices are AC, they'll be able to get better performance with more 2.4GHz and 5GHz antennas because they won't be using the 6GHz ones.
I cant use 6ghz as my devices are all ac only

I'm glad you only need the 5GHz + 2.4GHz bands on MLO to get full speed. Unfortunately, it wouldn't have gotten me full speed since the 5GHz band is overcrowded where I live, and I can't use the DFS channels because I live close enough to Laguardia Airport.
Form understanding WiFi 6 is not yet even mainstream now . Probably still needs couple of years down the road

Form understanding WiFi 6 is not yet even mainstream now . Probably still needs couple of years down the road
Wifi 6 is mainstream, it is AX Wi-Fi, and it has been out since 2019. The 6GHz band is newer and was introduced in Wifi 6E (2021), which also means that any router that is not a triband does not have the 6GHz band. Requiring a triband router was the barrier to entry and getting more people to use the new standard. I was seen as an in-between step from Wifi 6 to Wifi 7 once the FCC cleared the 6GHz band. AC Wi-Fi was released in 2013 and rebranded to Wifi 5, while AX Wi-Fi was rebranded to Wifi 6. So the Wifi 5 standard is quite old now.

Last edited:
Wifi 6 is mainstream, it is AX Wi-Fi, and it has been out since 2019. The 6GHz band is newer and was introduced in Wifi 6E (2021), which also means that any router that is not a triband does not have the 6GHz band. Requiring a triband router was the barrier to entry and getting more people to use the new standard. I was seen as an in-between step from Wifi 6 to Wifi 7 once the FCC cleared the 6GHz band. AC Wi-Fi was released in 2013 and rebranded to Wifi 5, while AX Wi-Fi was rebranded to Wifi 6. So the Wifi 5 standard is quite old now.
Current AC devices can't use 6ghz band . Don't doesn't really matter unless all Ur devices are WiFi 6 . Which is sadly no . Only higher end smartphone and tablets have WiFi 6

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!