What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.37 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm sure RMerlin knows this...but just so there's any doubt. We very much appreciate all of your work on this project.

Thank you!

i am also curious when it will be available for the 66u. as it makes 0 sense why the current release wouldnt be the same or better as my beta that i have been waiting on for over 2 weeks

i use the usb every day never seen or had 1 problem

That's because Merlin does not release unstable firmware. You might not have problem with the USB code but others does. Merlin's project is about stable firmware that works for everyone. Be patient, he'll deliver.

Can you tell me how i can set stealth mode with set an hours when LED must be ON and when must be OFF ?
I do step by step with this guide:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Scheduled-LED-control

and on my old RT-AC66U works perfect and now on RT-AC68U didnt works. From console when i run script ledson.sh and ledsoff.sh it works. But didnt work with schedule.

Can you tell me did overclock CPU to 1GHz is safe ?

As I explained already, 374.37 uses new USB handling code that doesn't work properly on all routers that have two ports on the same controler. That code wasn't there in 374.36 beta, which was based on older Asus GPL code.

it might not work properly on all router. but it does work properly on mine. so saying it doesnt work on all. is incorect. unless you can tell me how to simulate this problem on my router. makes 0 sense to keep us on a beta that is the same or worse.

lol, sensitive ppl

Had to create an account just to say very uncalled for.

Merlin does this on his spare time, and unless your paying him to do this work you have no grounds to come in here demanding things. (That is unless your just trolling seeing as you only have 6 comments as well)

We all benefit from his time and labor, if you feel you can help, go for it. Else let's just keep that account at 6 posts......

Not cool. This is about the best, most helpful and informative board I've ever seen, and Merlin does an AWSOME job not only creating firmware for us to use, but helping EVERYONE with questions - all on his own time. Like others, I respect and appreciate Merlins time and effort - Merlin, I know you know that. Please think before posting.....

NEED TO GET THE MOVE ON GETTING THIS rt-n66u

Dude you need to go download your firmware from asus since that is who has your money. Do you see them implementing OpenVPN etc. into their older routers like this gr8 man has? Donate to the wizard if you want to comment like this .... Troll.

We check and appreciate and will wait as long as it take.

Regards

it might not work properly on all router. but it does work properly on mine. so saying it doesnt work on all. is incorect. unless you can tell me how to simulate this problem on my router. makes 0 sense to keep us on a beta that is the same or worse.

It makes 0 sense for you to demand to a person that is sharing his knowledge and works for free. If you are not happy, move on, there are other alternatives.

sorry but plz explain to me when i demanded anything?

sorry but plz explain to me when i demanded anything?

What does this mean?

"makes 0 sense to keep us on a beta"

Sounds to me you are asking Merlin to release a firmware for you cause you are not having problem. He will release a firmware when it's ready on his time.

Last edited:

The USB icons on 374.37_0 will display blank icons instead of the mounted disks, and the USB led service will also be unable to properly turn on the USB leds.

I'm sorry if my way of managing this project makes zero sense to you. It makes sense to me. Be my guest and fork the project - you're free to do whatever makes sense to you particularly. All the source code is available for everyone out there.

Folks, I appreciate the support, but let's try to keep the thread on the topic of the 374.37 build in itself, or else it will degrade to unwanted levels of bickering. Thanks :)

NEED TO GET THE MOVE ON GETTING THIS rt-n66u

If you don't like this you could always try getting firmware out of Asus to do what you want.To steal a quote from another manufacturer,
The exits are clearly marked..
Could always edit the code and compile it yourself

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

The USB icons on 374.37_0 will display blank icons instead of the mounted disks, and the USB led service will also be unable to properly turn on the USB leds.

plz plz emphasize how this matters? lmao? anyone that nerdy you care about what the usb device sais. probably has a few screws loose. also i never demanded anything. i simply said it makes 0 sense to keep us on a beta for firmware that works. and i still stand by that statement.

also why would i ever fund this project at this point if all the work is going to ac68u and i will be essentially paying for others firmware.

and also i just went and checked. and the rt-ac66u properly labels 2 of my usb drives. so i still dont know what your talking about and cant even simulate this problem. my usb led is also working

so the only excuse u had. isnt a problem for me. if its not for me. it should not be for anyone else. for logically that makes 0 sense. i think someone is just lazy to retest a nonexistent problem they are claiming exists. cause I CAN NOT SIMULATE THIS PROBLEM.

keep in mind i was never rude in my initial post. i never demanded anything. i simply wanted to understand the claimed problem and point out i thought it made 0 sense to me to stay on the current beta since it works. it still does make 0 sense to me and it should make sense to everyone why unless you guys can help me simulate the problem.

hint- dont reply to my posts like idiots if you dont want me proving you wrong....