What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good here too - dirty upgrade, recycles completed no issues to report. DDNS good, DNS Director good, VPN Director good. IOT/Nest/TP-Link/Devices/Wife happy. Heh heh.

Also, finally got that upgraded upload speed from Rogers. LOL! About damn time.

1722704684646.png

Last edited:
I tried both updates of 3004.388.8 and 3004.388.8_2 and I cannot get any of my systems on the local network to browse out to the internet. Ping to internet sites do not work either. The router will do a speed test no problem, so the connection to the internet works that way, just no system can even though it is getting IP without any issues. However, the version of 3004.388.7_0 works just fine with the same settings as 3004.388.8X. Is there a routing issue?

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX86U_PRO 3004.388.7_0 Fri Apr 26 18:22:46 UTC 2024

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for all the work you do. I apologize if this is not the correct place for this. I have an RT-AX86Pro. I see that the OEM fw supports VLANs. Are there plans to do so with Merlin? Is there an ETA?

First of all, thank you for all the work you do. I apologize if this is not the correct place for this. I have an RT-AX86Pro. I see that the OEM fw supports VLANs. Are there plans to do so with Merlin? Is there an ETA?
If you are asking about the 3006.x firmware with it's Guest Network/VLAN support, then see the other discussions on the 3006.x firmware Merlin development, why only a couple of routers are currently supported at this time, and why there isn't a solid time frame of when/if other AsusWRT 5.0 supported routers will be added.

This discussion topic generally is confined to the 3004.388.8 and 3004.388.8_2 firmware.

All good here too - dirty upgrade, recycles completed no issues to report. DDNS good, DNS Director good, VPN Director good. IOT/Nest/TP-Link/Devices/Wife happy. Heh heh.

Also, finally got that upgraded upload speed from Rogers. LOL! About damn time.

View attachment 60726

How much do you pay for 2G/200Mbps? (or I didn't get the the speeds right?)

Do you get Bridge ONT/ SFP+ included in the monthly fee or you pay extra for it?

How much do you pay for 2G/200Mbps? (or I didn't get the the speeds right?)

Do you get Bridge ONT/ SFP+ included in the monthly fee or you pay extra for it?
Those are the right speeds - 2Gbps down, 200Mbps up. It's still the old coax/cable system here - still got the old XB7 modem. No fibre in our area at all for either Rogers or Bell. This must be DOCSIS 4.0 then I'd guess? They've been promoting "higher" upload speeds in our area recently.

There was an offer on my Rogers account for a bundle of Rogers Pro 2G Internet, Rogers Ultimate TV and Rogers Home Phone for $185/month, which was like $10/month less than I was already paying for the 1.5G service and all the same stuff so I "upgraded" to it, save $10/month and get the better upload speeds.

I tried both updates of 3004.388.8 and 3004.388.8_2 and I cannot get any of my systems on the local network to browse out to the internet. Ping to internet sites do not work either. The router will do a speed test no problem, so the connection to the internet works that way, just no system can even though it is getting IP without any issues. However, the version of 3004.388.7_0 works just fine with the same settings as 3004.388.8X. Is there a routing issue?

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX86U_PRO 3004.388.7_0 Fri Apr 26 18:22:46 UTC 2024
Delete your old vpn profiles. There’s new killswitch implementation

I had the same problem. Then I found out I was using a firmware version for a different router.
thanks for the suggestion. I triple checked and confirmed I downloaded correct firmware (for GT-AXE16000).
I tried to re-install my current firmware (3004.388.7_rog) with the file I downloaded a few months earlier, but still got same error message.

Those are the right speeds - 2Gbps down, 200Mbps up. It's still the old coax/cable system here - still got the old XB7 modem. No fibre in our area at all for either Rogers or Bell. This must be DOCSIS 4.0 then I'd guess? They've been promoting "higher" upload speeds in our area recently.

There was an offer on my Rogers account for a bundle of Rogers Pro 2G Internet, Rogers Ultimate TV and Rogers Home Phone for $185/month, which was like $10/month less than I was already paying for the 1.5G service and all the same stuff so I "upgraded" to it, save $10/month and get the better upload speeds.
It’s DOCSIS 3.1
Companies started upgrading equipment last year in the US and I presume Canada.
Standard has been available for many years with modems available 5+ years ago… but internet companies are slooow.

Delete your old vpn profiles. There’s new killswitch implementation

Thank you for your response. I will definitely do that. Right now I can't delete them, but I will in the morning when my router is not in use. I will let you know. I have a feeling that it will work. Thank you for the great suggestion! :)

reboot the router then tried updating to 388.8_2 again, still got same error. After this message I reboot the router firmware stays as old version (388.7)

View attachment 60699

Anyone got GT-AXE16000 updated to 388.8_2 ROG successfully?
So I think you should manually go through the GUI menus, write down or screenshot necessary information. Then do a factory reset via the reset button, wait about 5-10 minutes for things to settle down before flashing the new firmware again.
If there would be no success, try with ASUS stock firmware to check whether the problem is due to firmware failure or hardware malfunction. Good luck.

It’s DOCSIS 3.1
Companies started upgrading equipment last year in the US and I presume Canada.
Standard has been available for many years with modems available 5+ years ago… but internet companies are slooow.
Nice. Was not sure if DOCSIS 3.1 supported those speeds but a quick google says it does. Support for up to 10Gbps downstream and 1Gbps upstream. Let's GO! I know Rogers has been testing DOCSIS 4.0... but that would likely need a new modem on my end as well.

And yes, these companies move at a glacier pace when it comes to upgrades.

Last edited:
Nice. Was not sure if DOCSIS 3.1 supported those speeds but a quick google says it does. Support for up to 10Gbps downstream and 1Gbps upstream. Let's GO! I know Rogers has been testing DOCSIS 4.0... but that would likely need a new modem on my end as well.

It's likely mid-split or high-split speeds like Xfinity (mid) and Spectrum (high) here are implementing in some areas. Xfinity is offering better upload speeds while Spectrum is now offering symmetrical speeds. Spectrum recently lit it up in my neighborhood and I went from 500Mbps/20Mbps to 500Mbps/500Mbps.

Last edited:

Because they’re glacier-sized. And are laughing all the way to the bank/dividends.
That’s a stellar deal and I’m jelly.

No issues that I know of. What should I set the log to and report..........only criticals?

1722788476719.png

Status
Not open for further replies.