What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dirty upgrade of an RT-AC86U from 388.13_2 to 386.14. No issues observed so far.
Pop up notices on first login with this update.
Thanks RMerlin.

Dirty upgrade of an RT-AC86U from 386.13_2 to 386.14, but I get the EULA popup every time I return to the main page, even after logging out and then in again.
Any way to make that stop?

Dirty upgrade of an RT-AC86U from 386.13_2 to 386.14, but I get the EULA popup every time I return to the main page, even after logging out and then in again.
Any way to make that stop?
Did you click the OK button (I think thats what is shown for that particular notice or maybe it was Accept) at the bottom of the notice window. You may have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the notice for the button to appear.

Did you click the OK button (I think thats what is shown for that particular notice or maybe it was Accept) at the bottom of the notice window. You may have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the notice for the button to appear.
Yes, but I see now that the issue only exist in Firefox...

I said it was for all webui pages generated by the user?.asp add-ons and I stand by that statement.
scmerlin is installed on user1.asp in my test. Scrollbar is visible on the right, and I can scroll down the page.

1721596297988.png

Dirty upgrade from 386.13_2 to 386.14 on both my main RT-AC68U and also on my RT-AC68U that is in Media Bridge mode. So far, all is well. I don't have any add-ons other than YazDHCP.

I confirm scMerlin (in my case user1.asp) is looking fine, the vertical scrolling bar is there.
I don't think @RMerlin can do anything about the issues with the other addons.
The changes were introduced by ASUS and merged in this release so there is nothing wrong with this release itself.
We must contact the developers of the addons having this issue (in my case the developer of SkyNet) and when there will be a fix to get the update through AMTM.

@RMerlin, thank you for your awesome work, when I bought my router the main criteria was to be compatible with AsusWrt-Merlin !

Regards,
Aurel

Loaded 386.14 with a dirty install over 386.13 on my RT-AC68U. That router is still performing like a rock star. Still torn whether to ride out my AC68U even post support in 2025, since it's working just fine, or bite the bullet I probably eventually have to eat, with the RT-AX88U Pro on sale at it's lowest price at $223.55 at Amazon right now. I assume the 386.14+ final version in 2024 will still work fine for a while, but assume the whole reason you have a router is for the security, which requires the latest updates. Figuring that $223.55 is only the lowest price so far, and Amazon will list it at this or lower at some point around Xmas, worst case.

Thanks Merlin for the latest greatest release. Never a need for me to reboot this router with this firmware. Works great! :D <3

the RT-AX88U Pro on sale at it's lowest price at $223.55 at Amazon right now.
There's a chance there might be good deals on Black Friday as well, considering that there is no mergency to replace the router.

Thanks for the knowledge and love, guys! :D Figured I'd ride out the year and risk it, but much happier doing it with insight and support. No new Wifi6 devices here, so no rush to upgrade. Merlin forever! <3

I just tested ScMerlin and it loads fine for me on an RT-AC66U_B1, so it's not for all webui pages.
I have also verified that the latest scMerlin 2.5.6 master release does not have a problem with the vertical scrollbar on the 386.14 F/W version.

scMerlin_v2.5.6_OK.jpg

This will be addon specific. Asus has been making changes to the webui code, client_function.js for instance has new dependencies, so developers need to adjust.
I concur. The problem is definitely add-on specific, and the code changes that I made in some of the affected add-ons (spdMerlin, ntpMerlin, connmon) for the 3006.102.1 F/W should also fix the "missing scrollbar" problem.

To run tests using the currently fixed versions, users can switch to the 'develop' branch of the respective add-on.

connmon v3.0.3:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/connmon develop
/jffs/scripts/connmon forceupdate

spdMerlin v4.4.6:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/spdmerlin forceupdate

ntpMerlin v3.4.6:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin forceupdate

connmon_v3.0.3_OK.jpg

scmerlin is installed on user1.asp in my test. Scrollbar is visible on the right, and I can scroll down the page.

View attachment 60334
Well done on finding and demonstrating the ONLY user?.asp that still works with scrolling 😁.
You'll be pleased to note that scMerlin works for me too - even under "user3.asp".

Thank you @RMerlin as always..

Does anyone know what does GPL 386_52805 includes?
No, I don't get any changelogs. It would be difficult anyway since I don't work with specific releases, but with whatever snapshot Asus deems "good enough" at the time I request an updated GPL.

From a general glance at it during the merge, I know Asus backported their newer certificate management code among other things.

Last edited:
Well done on finding and demonstrating the ONLY user?.asp that still works with scrolling 😁.

It was the only one that I installed for testing.

And ss pointed above, other addons are also working fine, you may need however to install their development versions for these addons as they haven't been pushed to their respective release branches. This has been extensively discussed in a dedicated thread in the addon forums.

So no, the sky isn't falling for every single addon like your initial post claimed.

<deep breath>
My ac86 goes crazy on boot (100% cpu) if I’ve my entware drive running scripts plugged in, so I can’t get an internet connection to update ntpMerlin from the command line as indicated in this thread.
So it seems the only way *-for me-* to pull this off is a hard reset.
Yuck

<deep breath>
My ac86 goes crazy on boot (100% cpu) if I’ve my entware drive running scripts plugged in, so I can’t get an internet connection to update ntpMerlin from the command line as indicated in this thread.
So it seems the only way *-for me-* to pull this off is a hard reset.
Yuck
Run "top" and see what is causing the high CPU usage.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!